Help on Neve HPF

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moses said:
HPF on Igor's schematic is just to the right of r11/12, no?

Uh, you're right, there it is in black and white. I have seen many similar fixed examples, though I always wonder how predictable it can be in effect given variable source impedance ...

I guess if you assume 200 ohms you can just get on with it and let it do what it does. HPF is usually pretty much try-it-and-see-what-happens in use anyway, no?

Is this correct?? I would like to fit a Switchable HPF on this design! Can anyone help???

HPF.jpg

I saw on the Neve's 1073 Block design using BA182/C there's a lor of 4M7 resistors between the BA182 legs...
Sorry the newbie question, but I just far away to understand filter's design :S

What B- means here? negative voltage? I have no negative rail on the EZ1290 design :(
Thanks a lot for the help!

Eddie

No, you need to insert the filter between pad P and the blue wire.

In the case of a single positive supply rail, B- means GROUND. You need to ground this point or the shunt won't shunt.

The resistors help to minimise pops when switching.

MagnetoSound said:
No, you need to insert the filter between pad P and the blue wire.

In the case of a single positive supply rail, B- means GROUND. You need to ground this point or the shunt won't shunt.

The resistors help to minimise pops when switching.

Really thanks Magneto!
Cheers!!

good morning guys, exactly the topic i was searching for :)

do you think it could work to incorporate the  Pultec filter board at this exact same spot (  between pad P and the blue wire ) ?

Would it make any impedance issue, we sounding stuff ?? deteriorating the effect of the preamp ?

Sorry for the stupid question, im not very educated in electronics

Thanks

Attachments

• eqp1.PNG
    eqp1.PNG
    313.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back