Audio Mult Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mults are easy... take 1 patchpoint  hot, cold and ground and wire it to a second patchpoint hot, cold and ground. From the second patchpoint wire hot cold and ground to a third patch point. and so on and so on. most mults are 4 points across. what is your fascination with y cables. you have mentioned them on several posts. Y cables can be wired in all kinds of configurations. Also if possible can you condense your posts about patchbays into 1 thread. It will make it easier.

I always wire 4 jacks in parallel on a patchbay.   You just use one as the end and 3 as outs.   Pretty straight ahead.

hot to hot- 4 jacks   lo to lo,  and tie 4 shields .   Never had any problem with it.

I don't want to put this output to the patchbay because the output is speaker level. The amp driving the headphone amp is 40 watts. I'd just rather take care of the split/mult in an environment where it isn't possible, although not likely, to put the output of the headphone amp to the input of a piece of outboard gear.

Latest posts

Back