Manual Sinking Parameters for 500 series in FPE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispsound

I was wondering if anyone knows the manual countersinking specs in Front Panel Designer for a standard 500 series panel that has a thickness of .125".  The parameters are:

Cone diameter
Drill hole diameter
Sink depth
Cone angle

Thanks, ChrisP

You don't normally get such information unless the screw you are using is a custom type. Just order a countersink tool for #4-40 screw.

I am using Front Panel Designer Software to design and then order a front panel from Front Panel Express for a 500 series mic pre I am building.  In the software there are drill hole sizes(1.60" for 500 4-40 bolt?) and countersink parameters and I was wondering if there are standard or VPR specs for this.  The countersink  preset Parameters in the software section  I can't figure out and was wondering if anyone knows the correct parameters as posted in my previos post.  I have a countersink tool and a drill bit for a 4-40 bolt hole but would like Front Panel Express to do it for a more pro look.  ChrisP

I don't use that type of software/service so I can't comment but normally the machine shop would take care of it. All you will need to do is to notate by saying "countersink clearance hole for  4-40". Anyhow, tomorrow I'll measure the screw (head) that we use for 511 and post it here.

This may help...
Full document is here: http://www.genium.com/pdf/K4.17.pdf

Attachments

• flat screws.png
    flat screws.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back