What is the current draw for the NV73 and EQN1084 eq?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canidoit

Just been reading some stuff on another forum about current draw affecting the performance of modules in a lunchbox. So I am trying to calculate how much current I have when plugging my modules into my lunchbox.

Anyone know what the amperage is on the NV73 and EQN modules.

i asked that before in the nv73 thread

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36831.msg516983#msg516983
123mA

not sure about EQN1084/ performance
but might affect how melty your PSU is if theres not enough to go around

kepeb said:
i asked that before in the nv73 thread

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36831.msg516983#msg516983
123mA

not sure about EQN1084/ performance
but might affect how melty your PSU is if theres not enough to go around
Kepeb what are your thoughts about using 5 X 120mA modules? I heard these lunchbox can take 130mA per slot but there was talk about some form of start up mA thats like 2-3 times more on startup on each module.

Do you think that 5 X 120mA modules will effect the performance or wreck the power supply of the lunchbox?

I'm quoting max inrush start up current. No 2 x 3 times more start up current on the NV73
Measure it!  (careful when you measure current though.. you must break the circuit and allow the multimeter to become part of the circuit.  Think of the 2 probes as shorting whatever they touch.  Do not put one on +16V and the other other on -16V!!

hey,
i will have 511 with my nv73 on 24v so i'm not up to speed on the api ones but it depends how you build the psu.
to many variables to tackle accurately.

you must consider inrush current tho imo, as they obviously all peak at the same time you hit the power, some mains tx may not like that kind of spike..have to check the specs. but if it is running ok i cant see it affecting the performance,

from my understanding, you would draw more in high gain settings on a pre, if you are able to increase this amount of current to more than the psu is capable of, its more likely to stop all together than degrade the sound... afaik.

Latest posts

Back