Chandler TG Channel making RF noise when paired with Lavry Blue convertor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farringdon

Whenever I connect my Chandler TG to my Lavry MAD I get this loud hum and radio frequency noise.  Like a weird electric fan noise that is not crazy loud but easily loud enough to ruin a proper recording.  I've tried moving them away from each other so they're about three meters apart but the RF noise is still there.

Sometimes moving them around can change the noise, and sometimes the noise is not present.  I noticed this on my Chandler PSU, perhaps it's nothing but it looks like one of the posts was broken before.

tgchannelposts.jpg

Any ideas?  Which unit do you think is at fault?  Again it only happens when the TG Channel is connected to the Lavry (even if there's another unit connected in between).

Thanks!

Not the wiring inside the Chandler or Lavry, no.  Sad to say I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes fixing electronics.

I've used lots of other preamps and interfaces without this noise for the the past three years oin the same room, so the power supply and cables are fine.

Thanks for the advice.  I don't have a multi-meter though :(

Do you know what would happen if I remove the resistor between the binding posts of the Chandler PSU (see photo above)?

Thanks.

Back