Phantom and 24 for various oldies.... 2448 Power supply PCB!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little edit to your drawing,
whatever pin29 from your secret module name might connect to ....

elco conn -48V-ground etcV2(edit).png

Hey Harpo
thanks for post !

it's not a washing machine ....  " ( ;) )

that connector "graphic" is the only one i found inside the eagle  parts database

peace and "diy" for all

r2d2 said:
that connector "graphic" is the only one i found inside the "e-ag-le"  parts database

Hey r-(8/4)-d-(SQR(7-5)2),
please stop scattering names with hyphens, asterixes, blank spaces, etc. This will only make it unreadable and nearly impossible for the search function to get useful if any results.  ;)

..oops  ,
sorry Harpo !
I thought it was a rule of the forum (as in many others....)
not to "advertise" manufacturer...(not "member" of the forum)

peace!

With secondaries connected in parallel, it should be enough for 8-10 Neve'ish pre's.

If I plan to put the two secondarys of my power transformer in parallel, or using a center tapped one (25 - 0 - 25) should I need to connect ~24.2 and ~24.A right????
Thanks

Use two separate secondary's, not centertapped.

By-the-way......
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=47195.0

Would this PSU work for powering the IJ Audio Rack-It kit?

Looking to build a 51x rack/pres (waiting on the PSU from CAPI), but would like something I can use to test each pre and practice on before the working on the real deal. :)

kevinkace said:
Would this PSU work for powering the IJ Audio Rack-It kit?

Looking to build a 51x rack/pres (waiting on the PSU from CAPI), but would like something I can use to test each pre and practice on before the working on the real deal. :)

No you need a +/- power supply, dual voltage rail, check mnats white market for example, he has the right PSU PCB's. Just need to make a +\-24V supply to feed the rack-it.
Rack-it doesn't provide the 48v if i'm correct? So you'll need that as well, there are options on white market from other sellers....

Because I needed +48 V. phantom power, i decided to build only the lower part of the circuit with the TL783.
Unfortunately I found that the regulation is not very good.
Looking at the data sheet of the TL783, I found that the minimal load current is 15 mA.
In the schematic the load current is only 48 / 7516 = 6,38 mA. (Neglecting the current through the Adj pin.)
Also I am a bit worried about the dissipation in the 7K32 resistor. (1/4W)
The voltage over this resistor is 48 - 1.27 = 46.73 V.  And 46.73 * 6.38 mA = 298 mW...

I still have a pit of these pcbs.
But no schematics.
I wanna use a pcb to make a 40v dc source.

Thx,

Dennis

Does someone has the schematic for this PSU pcb ? Links are dead and I've got one that I'm gonna use to power two EZ1084 eq.

Back