Any info (Schematics) On CHILTON QM2 series model 100s mixer????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrocruz

Hello, im looking to fix a friend's mixer that is missing PSU, so i need to know the voltages it works with...
The mixer says PS48 Power Supply near the power plugs and he have a Chilton PS24 pSU which is basically a +24V single rail PSU.
So im wondering if the original PSU of the Mixer is as single rail 48v...
Any info on this would be fantastic...
If needed i can open the mixer and get some photos + component references to see if anyone can help.
Best Regards
Pedro Cruz

Well, it gonna be very dificult for me to reverse engineer it, once im a noobie... :) But lets see if i do sound, or sparkle... hehhe
Thanks and everything ill do in the mixer ill archive here!
all the best,
Pedro Cruz

Well, in the QM3 pdf from chilton website there is schematics there of the PS48 and it seems it has a 24v and a 48v rails... so it means with the ps24 im missing one 48v rail... but can this 48v rail be just for phantom powering the mics and everything else in the mixer be powered with the 24v rail? that way he wont need the 48v once all his mics have external phantom power...
any help on this?
http://www.chilton-broadcast.com/Images/QM3%20series%20information.pdf
PSU schematics is the page before the last one...
Cheers!

Yes, the +48V part of the shown PS48 module is almost certainly only for phantom power, as it says "20mA" on the schematic, and is made with a 78L24 regulator on top of the +24V. I can't see it being used for anything else than phantom power.

Jakob E.

Sweet... so the PS24 should work to power up this mixer... Thats good news...
Thanks Gyraf!

HI,

my friend had a Chilton mixer. Cant remember which model. It sounded fantastic, and the eq, although simple, was very nice indeed. Good luck with the repairs. It will be well worth it, Im sure!

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

Hi guys, so i've opened the Chilton QM2, swapped the vintage power plugs with a newer ones (the power cables from psu to mixer was missing and those plugs are hard to find) and the mixer is working... now it just need to be tested soundwise...
But in the power connector there are an orange cable that goes straight into this "think" i assume is some kind of bulbs. i believe its supposed to work on 24V once they are connected in series of 2 and they are sitting in the back of the Vu meters. i cant really look into the spring you see there...
I plugged in the 24V to see what happens but no success... Any idea?

Thanks everyone.
Can anyone identify this stuff?

Here you can see the mixer we're talking about.

Cheers

Dont know how you went with this but I worked on one of these desks for a few years and maintained it whilst managing the studio.  If you need some more help let me know and I'll see what my memory will drag up.

Latest posts

Back