New capsule for AKG D112?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrocruz

Hello everyone... Strange thing happened one of this days, my AKG D112 died and it was the capsule, no "continuity" in there...
So i want to replace the capsule. asking for a new one to akg didn't work, no answer so far, so i need to go to market...
Can anyone advice a nice dynamic capsule for it? Unfortunately i believe one speaker from Beyer DT150 wont fit in there, otherwise i would love to try once i love the beyer M380 which is basically one speaker from DT150...
Im open to suggestions!!! Crazy ideas are welcome and preferred!!!! :)

The D112 capsule is commonly available from any serious distributor. It may cost nearly as much as a heavily discounted brand new mic, though.
It is certainly available from the distributor here (France). You may order it from them, but I reckon there should be a better solution, that would save int'l shipping.

Hello,
I know if i try hard (or just even try) ill get the original D112 capsule, but once im not a huge fan of the mic, (not even a small fan) (not even anything that seems like a fan) i would like to keep the housing but totally change that M.Fukr's guts...  ;D
So believe me i will not even try to get the D112 Capsule...but i will go around the world to get anything weird for that... from 1€ to 150€...
Now i was thinking or really cheap funky dynamic capsules, or even headphone's speakers like i told about the m380... dunno yet...
Im just waiting for your lunatic ideas guys...  ;)
Cheers!

Back