SSL C200

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicmook56

I've got a really dumb question that I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but I don't know so...  I've been doing some work at a studio that was recently acquired by a new group of people.  There is an SSL C200 console installed and nobody knows where the power supply rack or audio interface rack is.  So my question is, is the rack the same size as a regular large analog console, or is it only a couple U's, something that could be stashed away in an unsuspecting place?  Knowing it's size will help me find it.

Thanks!

Hi Ben,

I got the install manual here

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/post/c200%20hd/documentation.asp

Found the following on page 11 "The Centuri Processor is a 15U height chassis into which a range of I/O cards can be fitted. The system’s processing and
DSP resource is also housed in the Centuri rack."

Cheers,
Ruairi

15u high. should be easy  to spot! but remember , Studios like to hide racks like this in the walls. keep em close but out of the room. 1 room in LA had the rack in a wall behind a fabric/wood panel youd take out and look around the corner. Id have never found it without help.

amorris said:
15u high. should be easy  to spot! but remember , Studios like to hide racks like this in the walls. keep em close but out of the room. 1 room in LA had the rack in a wall behind a fabric/wood panel youd take out and look around the corner. Id have never found it without help.

westlake?

I think I know where it is - under the patch bays behind a screwed in fabric panel.  I'll investigate more later.

In my search for the rack I did find a cove in the control room for a two track tape machine that had a fabric panel over it.  It blended into the wall so well the only way I noticed it was from the baseboards not being even in that spot.  The staff there had no idea there was a cove there.

Latest posts

Back