wood working in Southern california L.A. area

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Anyone know any good wood working or  wood cnc guys in los angeles. Metal cnc shops are a dime a dozen. I need a wood  cnc shop.

It was suggested I go to rockler hardware which is a major wood store in Pasadena and check around with the sales guys as they may know of someone, But if anyone in the diy community knows of people that would be better.

tchgtr said:
I know a good luthier in the Cerritos area. Not sure if he has a CNC. Does that work for you?

It's possible. I only say cnc as if I decide to, I can do more then a couple of the same units.  It's mainly for horns and cabs

Hey Pucho.  I have a friend that does a bit of CAD design.  He did some exploded CAD drawings for some Yuichi Altec 604 horns. 

5435807239_a0e75c0c9f_b.jpg

I have a designer.  I just need the wood shop.  What are you cooking up? 

MikoKensington said:
Hey Pucho.  I have a friend that does a bit of CAD design.  He did some exploded CAD drawings for some Yuichi Altec 604 horns.  

5435807239_a0e75c0c9f_b.jpg

I have a designer.  I just need the wood shop.  What are you cooking up?  

wooden dildos for selective people. High class, nicely polished, wood. I am kidding. If that offended anyone sorry.

I am cooking up mid fields and or mains on a bet.  Could pucho's studio main design sound better then that of the ocean way's going in for 30K.  That is on the buddy buddy price too. Normally they  go for around 60K a complete system. considering that main objective is to be loud, then I think I can do that and in the process make it more accurate. I've heard the ocean ways. The cabs are modeled after the old western electric lc9a design.  The crossovers I don't know. The eq appears to be a white 4400 copy. then there are amps.    I have learned that crossovers, cabs and all that is not worth a dam unless you build for the one space you in. So I have an advantage. I am in that space hours on end.

edit: Nice cad stuff. Indeed. I got some ideas he should cad, I'll send them to you.

Latest posts

Back