m49 type microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I´m very interested in micbodies of your style. Have you got the facilities to build such a nice body? How did you do the mesh grill? I´m impressed! I want a pair!
regards
Bernd

I have been working on an M50 type mic for a long time. I have a lot of measurements and a body design already modelled in Solidworks. I started circuit boards and everything, and got a lot of good advice from this place on modifying the circuit to work with the 5703WB tube.

I'd be very curious to hear more about what you're doing!

Rossi said:
Looks stunning! Now tell us how we can get our hands on such a beauty.  ;D

You probably should be a little crazy for doing something like this and it is not cheap.
You can build much cheaper in other types of microphone bodys.
But you can then send me a mail, I could maybe build a few more.
The largest part has been to make tools for the parts.

I am in for two. I will never get my M50 bodies done on my own. Time is not on my side. So if you *are* going to make these available, please let me know as well! I laid out the M50 circuit on a standard circular perforated board from RadioShack, to make it easy to point-to-point. 

riggler said:
I have been working on an M50 type mic for a long time. I have a lot of measurements and a body design already modelled in Solidworks. I started circuit boards and everything, and got a lot of good advice from this place on modifying the circuit to work with the 5703WB tube.

I'd be very curious to hear more about what you're doing!

I'd be very interested in your results/progress.  I've been looking at these omnis for some time and, as they are pretty much like gold dust, it'd be interesting to look at the diy possibilities.

I'll watch this thread with great interest, and hope I can contribute in some way at some point.

Hello,

Has there been any movement toward availability of of M49-style bodies?  I see circuit boards, etc., available, but nothing like the original metal to house them in.

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Back