Front/back panel holes and engraving in the UK?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheadstedford

Hello family!!
Anyone know of or coukd recommend anywhere that can engrave and punch holes for custom front and back panels in the Uk?
I need a custom 2u front and back done and most places ive seen are in uk or you have to buy the panels from them, i already have a blank anodized black front and a blank back from par metal.
Any suggestions will be greatly received!!
(i before e except after c)  ;)

I use Schaeffer in Germany. They provide free software which is incredibly easy to use, their prices are competitive and the results I have obtained from them so far have been first class. Turnaround is usually less than a couple of weeks and shipping charges amounted about a fiver.

http://www.schaeffer-ag.de/en/front-panel-designer/front-panel-designer.html

Cheers

Ian

P.S they also have a US outlet and I know many of the USA guys on here use them too.

Thanks for the link Rob.

May I kindly point out, I'm pretty sure that Schaeffer only offer fonts in single line, IMHO not the prettiest. Other engravers as well as my self can engrave ANY font. This can for some designs be preferable to the design.

I think of it terms of this, for "control panels" then sure single line is great, easy and quick. but for some thing that little bit special then id go with a classier looking font, it does not have to be fancy font, even Arial TTF is way better than Arial Sinlge line, to me it makes the difference.

just my 2c, but im biased I know!

:D

Grand Master Audio said:
May I kindly point out, I'm pretty sure that Schaeffer only offer fonts in single line, IMHO not the prettiest. Other engravers as well as my self can engrave ANY font. This can for some designs be preferable to the design.

You be as biassed as you like. I searched for ages for someone in the UK to do my panels and never found you! That's why I ended up using Schaeffer. Why are you hiding your light under a bushel????

Now if you had free software that was a easy to use as Shaeffer's you would be on to a real winner.

I feel a PM coming on.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Now if you had free software that was a easy to use as Shaeffer's you would be on to a real winner.

According to grandmasteraudio.com :
"We can accept most formats, Adobe Illustrator, DXF, DWG, Front Panel Express files, and PDF"

So I guess you have a winner!

Axel

Hi Ian,

good of you to reply.

Well I suppose I am the inbuilt software! ha ha, but seriously that would be a great idea if I knew how to do it.

But yes I do take FPD files no problem, then I can change the fonts to TTF with in my own program if required.

I do how ever want to say that I agree, Schaeffer do make very high quality panels, but for me they are just a bit... well they just don't excite me...

Well, you know where I am should you need to get hold of me.

All the best for now
Pete

Wow this is good news!
Grandmaster audio can you engrave any font then? And colour fill in different colours?
If i send you a jpeg of my dsign and you can achieve what im looking for ill send a fdp file of the holes layout.
Do i just mail you the front and back panels?

Not to be a stickler...but questions directly related to Grand Masters capabilities would be better off in his WM thread so other people can benefit from the q and a.

Latest posts

Back