DSUB DB25 PINOUT

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittsburgh

I want to make two DB25 D-sub to D-sub cables. Anyone have a good pinout configuration I can use? I want to be sure about where to put ground wires on pins that are supposed to have ground. Thanks for the help.

most manufactures use the tascam analog balanced dsub configuration for a pinout.  It handles 8 channels of audio. Digi, lynx, etc usually use this for analog

(see Below)

tascam_conn.gif

for aes/ebu  digital connections via a d-sub, most companies have adapted the yamaha pinout for this

(see Below)

AESEBU_YGDAI_Card_Pin_Out.gif

forgot to mention this is pretty standard in most gear with d-subs however there have been some exceptions mainly do to error on the manufactures part. For example was giving a AMS/Never16 channel summer to play with. It was back to fron meaning channel 8 was channel 1 and so forth. This was before the unit came out. I hope they fixes that. Other examples are the old pro controls by digi design.

i'm curious if anyone has built any dSub cables using simple DB25 printer cables for one side and some cheap neutrik connectors for the other?    DB25 Printer Cables are like 25 bucks for 10' and a set of 10 neutrik connectors (male & female) is just under $50.

mulletchuck said:
i'm curious if anyone has built any dSub cables using simple DB25 printer cables for one side and some cheap neutrik connectors for the other?    DB25 Printer Cables are like 25 bucks for 10' and a set of 10 neutrik connectors (male & female) is just under $50.

I doubt those printer cables are shielded. which if they are not, then I would avoid using them for studio use.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=14157
"Aluminum undermold shield helps to meet FCC requirements on EMI/RFI interference.
28 AWG stranded tinned copper conductors are individually insulated in polypropylene to minimize cross talk, ensuring high-speed, error-free transmission."

Printer cables have a common shield for all wires, not single shield for every wire. If you like to have crosstalk between your channels feel free to try one ;)

Back