Peerless E 204 D

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nevermind, search engine to the rescue. Found the spec for it on of CJ's peerless pages, see this thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=3347

Were you the guy who won that on evilbay?
Man I wanted that so bad.
I believe it has the same 12-L lams as the S-217-D!

Ok, how much you want you bastard! :mad:
Name your price.

Did you see the Triad HS-52 Fairchild output!!!!
First one I have ever seen. $409 buy it now.
Trouble is, they need to be matched in the 670.

I am getting the winding info from a secret source.

I did pick up this Freed 38166 output x-former for the Lange PEQ.
Lange uses a discrete transitor amp.
This thing is like a boat anchor. Freed transformers are real sleepers.
Thanks to Tommypiper for pay palin it!

freed_1.jpg

freed_2.jpg

are freed transformers especially special on their own? I have a pair of 1:1's that came out of scrapped scully chasis, thinking I might have something cool to stick in a project.

dave

Freed xfmrs were made in my old neighborhood. Of course they rule! :razz:

I have some cool full-page Freed ads in some old Audio Engineering magazines from the early '50s. I should scan and post them sometime...

[quote author="CJ"]Were you the guy who won that on evilbay?
Man I wanted that so bad.
I believe it has the same 12-L lams as the S-217-D!

Ok, how much you want you bastard! :mad:
Name your price.
[/quote]

Whoa, kill the motor, dude :grin:

Someone was nice enough to send me a bunch of transformers, and this was in the box. I know nothing about it aside from the markings on it.

ju

Anyone ever heard of Malmac or Malmag Mfg. Co. ?

I have a pair of TFIR X 10AJ 1:1 600 ohm transformers. Just wondering if they're any good.

Thanks

Just a note on the Peerless E-204-D that I recently learned:

It is flat unloaded from 20hz to daylight whereas the Triad HS 600:600 starts to rise at the higher bands.

Also, supposedly the lams have little holes drilled in them that does something to the magnetic path. Weird, eh?

Ok, how much you want you bastard!
Name your price.

FYI, I sold 4 of the E-204-D transformers about a year ago for $75 each.

They were listed on The BlackMarket for quite a while a long with several other transformers most of which never sold. I still have a big list of audio transformers that I need to get listed on the Black market.

cheeers

[quote author="FredForssell"]
They were listed on The BlackMarket for quite a while a long with several other transformers most of which never sold. I still have a big list of audio transformers that I need to get listed on the Black market.

cheeers[/quote]

Argh.... it's like you're waving smack in front of the junkies. :razz:

boy, i'll say.

pinouts, Peerless gave them out with the enclosed data sheets, but not in the catalog, at least not mine.

you can get the pin numbers off a schematic, if you can find one.

should be 4 identical coils, ohm it, then right down the pairs, put it on a scope to phase and your done.

i doubt there will be much difference running the hots backwards, everything should be balanced in a 600:600 1:1 line in.

Does anyone know what a Freed 35406 transformer is? I have one of these that I am going to sell in my next batch of transformers and I'd love to know what it is.

I also have two Peerless 4629 transformers, and don't know exactly what they are either.

Anyone have any clues?

The 4629 was used in the Altec 428B and 429B amps from the 250A console, also I think on the 1510 input panels. Another pricey one when raw.

1/2 db 20-20K
50/150/300/600 input
SE or PP 82K ish secondary
0db max level

No idea on the Freed.

Fred, that 4629 is the same coil as the highly sought after, and super expensive K-241-D.
Recently a pair of K-241's went for over 600 bucks if I remember correctly, ebay.

You might want to hold on to that guy.
Sorry if I crashed anybody's party.
I bet a few were lickin their chops.

FYI: Fischer used Freed transformers.

Looking for that p/n....

Fred,

No Freed's in any Gates piece I've ever seen at all. For anyone who cares, the standard Sta-Level iron is Triad custom # stuff:

AI-10386T input
AO-11302T output
AP-11303T power

Funny to me that everyone bad-mouths' most Gates gear, but pays top dollar for loose Triad iron.

[quote author="fum"]I came across this in a box today, anyone have an idea of pinouts?[/quote]

Hi Fum, here's the pin-out for the E-204D. All the best.

James

Latest posts

Back