Listen Mic Mute

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoTed

I am so frustrated at having to mute the listen mic manually, I either forget to un-mute it and miss what they say or leave it on and get deafened when the instruments start in the room.

I want a box with line level in and out that is muted when the transport starts in Pro Tools. The Massey plugin Transport mutes when Play in enabled but not when record is enabled which kind of makes it useless when tracking.

Any ideas welcome.

also the old trick of using a audio output as a smpte output and using a ducker with the smpte on the sidechain.

greetings,

Thomas

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The ThirdFloorLab TalkBack is perfect, also includes preamps so I wouldn't have to tie my good preamps up.

hobiesound said:
also the old trick of using a audio output as a smpte output and using a ducker with the smpte on the sidechain.

greetings,

Thomas

Yeah, I use an audio metronome in the daw that emits a 22khz tone instead of a tick. It is set to duck the TB on record only.

Back