Will 0.25 inch knobs work on 6mm pots???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrocruz

What can i say, im being a nightmare to find sifam S151 grey knobs for 6mm shaft pots, and i can only find 0.25inch knobs...
Will it work with an extra turns of the knob screw or will it be loose?

Pedro

It's just 0,35 mm larger so it'll work. The knob will be a little, a fraction of a mm, off centre.

greetings,

Thomas

pedrocruz said:
What can i say, im being a nightmare to find sifam S151 grey knobs for 6mm shaft pots, and i can only find 0.25inch knobs...
Will it work with an extra turns of the knob screw or will it be loose?

Pedro
If you try to overtighten the collet, you will ruin the thread and achieve nothing. You may try to use adhesive tape on the shaft to fatten it.
I'm quite surprised you can't find the metric ones, they are generally readily available.

ah.... very true... didn't read the sifam part.... also now i know how to call those top "screw" knobs...

greetings,

Thomas

Alu tape worked for me, just put the right thickness and make a tiny overlap on top of the shaft to help preventing the tape from slipping to the base when you insert it into the knob.

Laurent.

Nele said:
I don't know if you're in Europe, but Sibalco has a lot of sifam knobs:

http://sibalco.de/
Yes, i am, but im having a hard time to understand german... I ordered the 0.25inch ones from Canford... In black.. i hate them in black... :(

I have tried two turns of copper tape with good result together with ELMA knobs, which is the same type of knobs as Sifam. That is also working with knobs using two set screws.

Latest posts

Back