Please help with wiring my Neve rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeeth

Hi guys

I need some help if possible.

I have a Neve 1084 module and I had it racked by a local tech into a dan alexander rack [which was originally for an Audix module].

The thing looked a mess but as the tech was good it worked well and sounded great.

Recently I had a face plate made and drilled a case for the module and began working on racking it up. I've pretty much done it but I've hit a roadblock.

When I snipped some of the cables for the switches I wrote down where they were wired to but I've now lost the bit of paper it was written on and now I can't get it back together.

I can't afford to get my tech to do it at the moment and I need to have the unit functional and I also feel I could learn a bit from doing it. I was hoping if I give a quick run down on what is included, someone could give me a few pointers as to where everything needs to be wired.

I have an elementary knowledge of  electronics, but I think it will be enough to get it done as all the parts are there and for he most part already wired.

Here is what's there.

Neve module with pcb connector fully wired to all relevant pins
all xlr and trs sockets wired into pcb connector
Full 24v and 48v Dan Alexander power supply
2x switch and 2x LEDs for power and 48v

So basically everything is connected except the switches and LEDs.  Could someone tell me where these should be wired to?

Many thanks

Ill take some pics and post tomorrow but I honestly don't think they will help, all the cables are tied up and most of the wires are hidden so you can't tell where they go, just what components are there.

Is this really so project specific? Is there not a generic schematic to show how to wire up 2 switches and corresponding LEDs for power and 48v?

Everything else is wired up.

Cheers

any update ?

(checked around and at "Meta" but nothing about racking vintage neve modules ,
like:
psu power required ,
main transformer inside or outside the modules box
"better" ground-gnd wires scheme / setup
also metal works tips as well )

peace

keeeth said:
Ill take some pics and post tomorrow but I honestly don't think they will help, all the cables are tied up and most of the wires are hidden so you can't tell where they go, just what components are there.

Is this really so project specific? Is there not a generic schematic to show how to wire up 2 switches and corresponding LEDs for power and 48v?

Everything else is wired up.

Cheers

Thanks for post "Pucho"

more about racking n-e-v-e  
is so "wellcome"
because module connetcor it's not ever the same also 29 pin was used

about main power transformer ,
it's possible place it inside the rack box
without "humm" issues?

there some scheme about a "star" ground setup include xlr pin 1 ?

peace

Back