Small Bear Electronics (is not actually a) RIPOFF!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frazzman

Don't waste your time buying from smallbearelec.com. I patiently waited over a month for my parts to arrive. I contacted them to enquire about what had happened and was told to wait another week and if nothing shows up they will resend. So I waited again and contacted them after another week or so, and now my emails are being ignored. Terrible service, avoid at all costs!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Small Bear, I've only bought from them twice but had a great experience both times.  I'm sure others will chime in here with their experiences.

Can I make a suggestion?  If you're going to trash Small Bear can you use your real name?  I think it's only fair, people will know you are not just a competitor, especially as you have only 8 posts here.

Cheers,
Ruairi

I've never ever had a problem with Small Bear.  Steve's always been prompt.  He's got a lot of stuff you just can't find anywhere else and isn't gouging for out of production chips.  I'd suggest picking up the phone and calling him.

-Richard

Only ordered once from here (= The Netherlands) but no problems whatsoever! Have to order some stuff soon from him again.
Phone sometimes works best..

Perhaps the parts in question are still on back order.

I've ordered a few items from Small Bear without issue. The only problem I had was I didn't received a Wah pot that was back ordered, when I followed up with him it was sent out promptly.

Mark

don't know why I have had such bad luck then, I can accept that the parts may have been lost in transit.. I was told to wait a week and contact SBE again and they would send out parts again, I made contact and have had no reply at all, I raised a paypal dispute, and no reply there either. I can accept that things do go wrong from time to time but zero communication leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If my items arrive or I am given some correspondence from SBE to let me know whats going on then I will definately revoke these comments.

frazzman said:
don't know why I have had such bad luck then, I can accept that the parts may have been lost in transit.. I was told to wait a week and contact SBE again and they would send out parts again, I made contact and have had no reply at all, I raised a paypal dispute, and no reply there either. I can accept that things do go wrong from time to time but zero communication leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If my items arrive or I am given some correspondence from SBE to let me know whats going on then I will definately revoke these comments.

Hey Frazz,

The very best companies drop the ball sometimes, it just happens.  Fingers crossed for you on getting it sorted.  If anyone here is close to the Small bear folks perhaps they can raise the issue?

Good luck,
Ruairi

James....

I looked at your information, you don't state where you are and if they had followed up with a tracking number

I am a dealer and possibly a competitor of there's but I've run into these problems both domestic and overseas
and when we try to save customers money and ship USPS priority Mail Flat rate there are no ways of tracking
overseas with items under 4 lbs and the post ofiice right now is not up to standards.

I also had a domestic shipment that was shipped Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate with a 2-3 day delivery
that took almost a month, at least I was in touch with the customer and he was understanding, it did get there...

I have not heard anything bad about Small Bear

Steve @ Apex Jr.

APEX JR. said:
I also had a domestic shipment that was shipped Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate with a 2-3 day delivery
that took almost a month, at least I was in touch with the customer and he was understanding, it did get there...

Similar experiences here with USPS, packages that normally take a week are well into 3-4 weeks delivery times.

Mark

i order all the time from them like 50 or so since doing diy.
Never had troubles with them in fact shipping is so fast.
Good luck

7 or 8 orders with Small Bear all the way to the opposite end of the planet and never a dud one yet.

Biasrocks said:
APEX JR. said:

Similar experiences here with USPS, packages that normally take a week are well into 3-4 weeks delivery times.

Mark
Taking a slight deviation on this thread - WTF happened to USPS ???
They used to be cheap and efficient for overseas mail
(They got a complete exhaust systen for my Honda CB400F from Wisconsin to New Zealand for around $40 -
I was impressed!)
Then they ditched surface mail, cranked the pricing up till it hurt
And the delivery times for these new improved expensive services went to hell in a handbasket
Loose loose for the customer
M
(BTW my SBE experience has been AOK)

I've had a few minor glitches with them
and while they're not the fastest , Steve
does try to make things right .
They do offer a convenient service but
can't do anything about customs or post ,
How is complaining going to make you feel better ?

most people will do some reseach and decide for themselves ,

Another vote of confidence from a satisfied repeat customer.

Small Bear has been good to me.

I hope the OP's situation can be resolved satisfactorily.

my experiences with small bear have been very good but my experiences with usps have been pretty bad.
now when i order anything from the states if i get it in less than 4 weeks im suprised.

leadbreath said:
my experiences with small bear have been very good but my experiences with usps have been pretty bad.
now when i order anything from the states if i get it in less than 4 weeks im suprised.

When I lived in Ireland I had great experiences from USPS with stuff coming to me. I often had packages in 3 or 4 days from the West coast to me - nearly 6000 miles!  I think it very much depends where you are on the receiving end.  You are in South Africa?  I know Peter C mentioned before having a very hard time with postal issues there.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Shipping has definitely changed in the last few years, my guess is tighter borders. I used to have small packets hit their international destinations in 4 days...been more like 2 weeks lately.

Back