Lovely studio, lovely family.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskimo

Kitty, Daisy and Lewis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhgKoMZJtU
(studio 5 minutes in)
Neat tube studio, cutting their own vinyl.

Thanks for the link - cool people indeed. I haven't watched it yet, but out of interest, I can tell you a couple of things. They are Graeme, owner of the famous, custom-Paravincini-equipped Exchange mastering studio's kids. If you've ever been to the Exchange, you'll know he's a gear connoisseur of the highest order. You'll see all manner of vintage kit lurking around the place.

He'd better get prepared. Once the groups gets a slot on Letterman or similar I predict popularity beyond their wildest imagination. They've already been on Jools Holland over here. Once they get exposed in the US they won't know what's hit them. They seems pretty well adjusted, so I'm not suggesting it'll affect them in any kind of bad way, but they I predict they will be *big time*.

BTW - Madame Jo Jo's is one of my favourite clubs. I was planning a trip there this weekend, although I think next weekend will be more probable. On Friday it's hosted by Snowboy. He's a percussionist of the highest calibre, and also a chap who records to real tape via proper kit. Sat is Keb Darge's night. He plays Funk and Rockabilly, exclusively via 7" vinyl (some of his records are worth five figures!). Sun is Jimbo's night, which is also pretty cool. You'll see some of the best dancers in London at Jo Jo's, if not anywhere. It's also a cool venue, decor-wise.

Justin

Back