PYE Compressor/Limiter Thread *boards shipping* BOM up!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, even in the manual it has a mysterious "attenuation box" thingy...
Hopefully we can use a ganged bot to linearly control gr/gain. but until someone can check it for sure (Rob!) its only a guessing game

I know from an insider that Radial is trying to do build this one for the lunchbox. I wouldn't be surprised if they are following this thread.

reanimatorstudio said:
I know from an insider that Radial is trying to do build this one for the lunchbox. I wouldn't be surprised if they are following this thread.
interesting...too bad we can't go underground. If they are reading this thread:

Get some different knobs for your stuff! ;D

If they are reading why don't they chime in? They must have a budget, or at least a working unit in front of them. Don't they know its not nice to let all the little people do all the work! ;)

Well we'll see, this whole thing could turn in to a big resistor fry, possibly not work at all (thats for radial;)
no seriously though...it might not work...
haha!

Least it beats playing the lottery...we can just burn our money at home!

eventually I would love to stock parts for this board.

Cheers,
Abe

R40 is R68 in the bom and the schematic.
By the way this resistor seems to be bypassed on the schematic, probably during the test procedure.

So :
R2/R1
R40/R68
R11/R67
R8/R58
R10/R66
R69/R74
R7/R57
R76/R71
R6/R56
R70/R75
R72/R77
R5/R55
R3/R53
R33 is missing in the bom
What are you using to design pcb ?

Okay my mistake,
There where two R1s on the BOM. Now its fixed. On the board it seems labeled fine. I've gone through and all the other numbers seem to correspond. I don't know if I follow you...

The whole input gate  section we threw in the trash so in order to keep the original schem and my schem somewhat refrenceable to each other, I kept the numbers the same. That is why there might be R numbers missing. But don't worry resistors don't care what number you call them anyway. Updated BOM

Abe

Niketouille said:
R33 is missing in the bom

No its there - just right at the top of the list, I try to organize everything not by reference number, but resistor value.

AC

Also I want to instill confidence in this build...I'm expecting it to work, though its more fun ot joke that it won't. IF it doesn't work for whatever reason, then I'm going to be out a lot cause I ordered about 30 extra circuitboards!

Heres to hoping.

Also thanks to you Niketouille  for helping me refine the BOM.
Cheers!

Those resistors have bom and schematic number that are the same but on the board it's different... Nevertheless the values are correct.

Niketouille said:
Those resistors have bom and schematic number that are the same but on the board it's different... Nevertheless the values are correct.

Oh I do see what you mean....That sucks! How in the #$%^ did that happen. Sorry about that :eek:

I'll update schem and BOM

Seems to just be the switch PCB, probably while I was importing/exporting the different PCBS the nums got messed up. But BOM/Schem fixed now! :)

Ok update....

last night put it all together, and these are my findings so far. Bear in mind I haven't gotten nearly as much time to tweak on it as I have planed to do (i'm going to go mess with it some more just after this post)

EDIT: passes signal as it should. I have edcor 4:1 and edcor 1:4 input/output respectively. Sounds good! I had to insert a trimmer resistor to bias some of the transistors correctly, it was a slight variation from the schematic.

The occilator is not working...I tried a few different hand wound toroids and nothing...but I am doing something wrong obviously...going to research the toroids a bit more, and then if I can't get those to work its off to the playground with my friends the NE555 chips...

Ok really strange part....it compresses.......

with no oscillator?

Anyway does require more finessing...will keep posted.

Cheers,
Abe

Update: on the Switch PCB resistor R75 says "11k" and it needs to be paralleled also with a 20k to get the correct ratio.

Thanks

Back