PYE Compressor/Limiter Thread *boards shipping* BOM up!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, today i have twiddled a bit and Im still not able to setup then unit so it sounds good.
Ive set 2:1, 100ms, input and  out off and taken some voltage readings, the previous voltage chart is absolute garbage and means nothing, would be good to provide a up to date voltage sheet from a bonafide working unit.

Attachments

• PI-3141 Transistor Sheet.pdf
    19.6 KB · Views: 44
Well, I told that the voltage chart hat different transistors references. You can't use it on Abe's unit directly.

Spencerleehorton said:
do we have something we can use then?

Not anything I'm aware of. It's possible to cross-reference the components, but somebody has to devote quite a bit of time to this.

P. S. As promised earlier, I'm announcing that I've got PYE PCBs and front panels for my 4-channel module system in stock.

Seems my problems where a combination of wrongly wired transformers and when testing my patch bay!!!
Need to check all connection leads to patch bay!
Have one channel sounding nice and quiet and great compression in acoustic guitar , going to take voltages and try and repeat on other channel.

Could anyone take some voltage readings on the transistors please as I’m nearly there and just want to verify everything, I get quite a big thump on release at fastest!
My R23 is set to about 24ohms, I have the 1.8M resistor, 220k and 1k trim set to 30ohms. Test point that have been suggested are vague so better understanding of this would be good.

Does anyone have any useful data on T3, the oscillator toroid, other than the turns ratio?

I am pondering inductances, wire gauge, core material, etc ...

I am finally gonna start working on building up my personal unit. I just read through the thread again and took notes.  Thanks to all the guys who have been so supportive in this project.  It seems like it should go together with the proper BOM and schematic. 

Thanks, I will post anything I can come up with that is helpful. 

You actually don't need a voltage chart to make the thing work properly. All those trimmers are mostly not needed and stock values should be used. However, there's a big BUT: you have to use original oscillator, otherwise your threshold and ratios will be off.

Hi all,

Can someone post the schematic/docs to this project. I bought a pair of PCB's a year ago and have since lost the docs and accidentally deleted my mouser cart :( 

Upon trying to visit the site, it looks like the domain has gone dormant since the last time i visited.

Thanks in advance!

EB

TubeMonkey said:
Hi all,

Can someone post the schematic/docs to this project. I bought a pair of PCB's a year ago and have since lost the docs and accidentally deleted my mouser cart :( 

Upon trying to visit the site, it looks like the domain has gone dormant since the last time i visited.

Thanks in advance!

EB

All the documents should be on collectivecases.com site.

http://collectivecases.com/?product=ac-sound-pi-3141-vintage-pwm-compressor-circuit-board

Thanks!

Paul

Potato Cakes said:
All the documents should be on collectivecases.com site.

http://collectivecases.com/?product=ac-sound-pi-3141-vintage-pwm-compressor-circuit-board

Thanks!

Paul

Thanks Paul!

Exactly what I needed.  Do you have a space here in Nashville?

EB

abechap024 said:
Rev 3 Boards :)

Thanks guys.

http://www.acsoundstudio.com/diy/Pye/rev314/REV314_BOM1.pdf
http://www.acsoundstudio.com/diy/Pye/rev314/rev314_pcbPNG.png

So boards are almost done and on their way to me, then I can ship them out! Thanks for everyone who participated, wouldn't of happened with you! Got a few extra so they are still available through the white market thread or store. Bring on the compression!!

Dear abechap024,

could you upload again the Schematic and BOM of this Project please??

Thanks anticipated
Opacheco

opacheco said:
Dear abechap024,

could you upload again the Schematic and BOM of this Project please??

Thanks anticipated
Opacheco

Please look several posts up. There's a link to the other site with all the documents you ever need. Initial TS is absent for a long time. I personally won't count on his support.

Latest posts

Back