What Circuit Simulation software is everyone using?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all into the new advanced VSIM technology - Virtual Simulation.

Breadboard and real components virtualizing themselves - often resulting in quite good prediction value.

:D

Jakob E.

+1 for LTSpice
Works out of the box, even into a windows emulator. Integrated schematic capture. Good libraries...

But +2 for VSIM! ;D
Nothing beats the breadboard!

Axel

Awesome, Just downloaded LTspice , I couldn't find VSIM though the idea of it sounds good. I'm also having some luck with TINA from TI but it doesn't do everything I need.
Thanks

I had a *lot* of stability and other issues with VSIM. LTSpice seems much more benign here.

Seriously: LTSpice is not only free, but also very good regarding numerical convergence; an issue of many other simulation tools.

Samuel

I recently tried ltspice, it's very easy to use... but I have no idea how to get new models in there. Specifically transistors.. How to get, say the BC550/560 in there?

thanks!

mitsos said:
I recently tried ltspice, it's very easy to use... but I have no idea how to get new models in there. Specifically transistors.. How to get, say the BC550/560 in there?

thanks!

To add transistor models, modify the standard.bjt file in the lib\cmp directory under the main LTSpice install directory.

BTW: another +1 for LTSpice. MacSpice is good, too, but doesn't support Linear's switch-mode power supply chip models and of course you need to edit netlists by hand or generate them with schematic capture.

Back