DB25 Breakout Cable (4M/4F) Pinout ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckus328

OK, I give up, google is not all knowing apparently.  I'm trying to find out how a standard DB25 to 4FEM/4MALE Breakout Cable Pins out.  Does anyone know or have one they can buzz with a multimeter?

If you look at the attached link:

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/DB-25_Pinout-08262df8df85fdf382d9c6b2771f5146.pdf

it tells me which pin is what and which groups of 3 pins on the DB25 go to an xlr (which they label xlr1 through xlr8)

What it doesn't tell me however, is which xlr's are male and which xlr's are female.  Anyone know?  I'm working on a DB25 to Ribbon Cable adapter board for the SnB and need to know so I get the genders right.  Thanks!

ruckus328 said:
What it doesn't tell me however, is which xlr's are male and which xlr's are female.  Anyone know?  I'm working on a DB25 to Ribbon Cable adapter board for the SnB and need to know so I get the genders right.  Thanks!

Unless I'm missing something...... you just need to figure the I/O designation and channel number of the SnB (what is the SnB??) then make the cable.

I'm not trying to make a custom cable, I'm trying to make sure I pin it out so it's compatible with an off the shelf cable DB25 to 4M/4F breakout cable, which it seems everybody makes, but nobody gives any info on.

SnB = Send And Blend (Standalone Mix/Blend Unit)

Yea, I'm thinking that'll probably be the only way I figure it out as well, unless someone here happens to know or have one.  Sucks though as have to wait until Monday to get my hands on one, and had hoped to get this out the door tonight  :(

Actually I do have one that's digital from Lynx now that I think of it. 4In 4Out.

Input 1 pin 1 - 25
           Pin 2 - 24
           pin 3 - 11

Out 1  pin 1 - 10
         pin 2 - 9
         pin 3 - 23
is that the stuff you are looking for?

Latest posts

Back