Bluzzi EZ1084 EQ finished units

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poctop

White Market Member
Thanks Bluzzi this EQ has been so much fun to build and listen too,  it has become really rare nowadays to have such a well documented project with all the pertinent info for the build,  this project is going only one direction straight to results and music, not to mention i well the case from Dan fits the board like a big olive oil wetted glove,  attached are the picture of my 2 babies,  thanks for everything,  To Progigy members and All of you that made that project a lot of fun,

Sincerly,

Dany,

Attachments

• DSCN0027m.JPG
    DSCN0027m.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,572
finished units,
D

Attachments

• DSCN0029m.JPG
    DSCN0029m.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,817
The cost is about 600-800 $ depending if you do your case and the choice of trafffos,
Dany,

Here is the knobs no they are not elma but they are really nice many colors gray black red... and caps are various color with threaded lock,
here is some pictures if you want i can hook you up with my contact in the states that provide those for me,

Attachments

• caps_.jpg
    caps_.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 142
knobs grey example,

Dany

Attachments

• knobs.jpg
    knobs.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 93
Nice! I like that color coding idea you have there.

I got mine finished this evening as well and have to say I definitely agree about what you (Dany) said about the project... Great documentation etc. :)

edit: removed some content incl. a crappy photo of my ez1084s, but will post a better one in a separate thread and not hijack this one.

i have absolutely no problem you post your picture here,  i made that for this .
hope to see your better picture soon, in this post
sincerly
Dany,

Ah, I see ... so here goes.

EZ1084 x2:
Bluzzis project is well thought out. There was almost no wiring... This must have been the smoothest project I've done in a long time. :D  Certainly a headachless project that was relatively quick to build.  I used Dan's cases/panels for these as well, they were accurately designed and I didn't have even a slightest problem putting these together.
I have to thank Bluzzi for an excellent project and also Dan for the metalwork!

Most important of all, these eqs sound perfect... better than I expected.

Attachments

• _DSC6240_s_.jpg
    _DSC6240_s_.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 775
Another photo from another angle...

Also visible are two EZ760 compexes that I'm about to rack along with the ez1084s.  Thanks to Colin for the ez760 project!

Attachments

• _DSC6251_s_.jpg
    _DSC6251_s_.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 456
Francois, they're taiwanese copies of the davies' knobs. I didn't find davies made ones with pointer so I just used these.

There's certainly a small difference in sound between 'normal' (with iron and amp sections in) and  'hard' bypass. Unfortunately haven't had time to analyse more precisely.

Best,
Lassi

Big thanks to Dany and Lassi for your comments and photos! I'm almost blushing. Seriously though it is satisfying to see that results are as intended and you are using the EQs not just marveling at how they look! Although they do look quite nice (Dan's front panel is gorgeous).

Cheers

Jim

deuc224 said:
Anyone gonna post clips? Do these EQs do anything to the signal by just running something through them?

If you set the Bypass switch to "Normal" the EQ section is bypassed but signal is still passing through the input XFR, all the amp stages as well as output XFR. The gain switch is active so if pushing the NEVE sound is your thing you can do it.

The other Bypass is the "Hard Bypass", input XLR direct to output XLR so signal is untouched!

Cheers

Jim

Latest posts

Back