Bluzzi EZ1084 EQ finished units

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't had a chance to look at my schematic but from memory that is the place to do it. I'm waiting to speak to someone that has implemented this so I can get their thoughts.

Cheers

Jim

yeah it adds attenuation to the output, again so far it worked for me, i did look at the original docs on the 1084 and found where the fader loop would usually be, and found that point on the bluzzi eq, I went ahead and did it, and i get attenuation, no problems so far, Ive been using them inserted into my console and they sound great! I don't want to step on Bluzzi here Dan, so you might want to wait until he confirms this ( would hate to smoke your units ) before you try anything ( I could be doing something wrong ).

Soundmugician said:
yeah it adds attenuation to the output, again so far it worked for me, i did look at the original docs on the 1084 and found where the fader loop would usually be, and found that point on the bluzzi eq, I went ahead and did it, and i get attenuation, no problems so far, Ive been using them inserted into my console and they sound great! I don't want to step on Bluzzi here Dan, so you might want to wait until he confirms this ( would hate to smoke your units ) before you try anything ( I could be doing something wrong ).

Soundmugician, your assumption was right on the mark. Did you use a 5K or 10K pot? I would suggest a 5K would be a better load and still give you about 35db or more of attenuation so you have plenty there. (OK I just saw you did say a 5K pot.).

I'll update the Build Guide to include this option for anyone else wanting to do this.

Cheers

Jim

Sorry none left but I will be ordering some more soon. I'll post here when they are on their way.

Cheers

Jim

hey there,
after lot of recordings running through this EQ i still love it like on first day  :D

dont know if its the right place. but i want to ask if you can design a dual mid section for a second batch. im considering the meaty neve mids to be the highlight of this unit, so two frequ. options would be so nice...

electrisizer said:
hey there,
after lot of recordings running through this EQ i still love it like on first day  :D

dont know if its the right place. but i want to ask if you can design a dual mid section for a second batch. im considering the meaty neve mids to be the highlight of this unit, so two frequ. options would be so nice...

Thanks for the comments of appreciation. I love to hear from people using it in the studio. Don't know about 2 mid freq. bands but there is possibility of expanding the mids to a few more frequencies. I may consider it as an option in the future.

But sometimes less is more.... ;D

Cheers

Jim

Also, perhaps an output trim, so you can drive the input a little more?

I feel the same way about mine, I use them every chance I get.

Volume11 said:
Also, perhaps an output trim, so you can drive the input a little more?

I feel the same way about mine, I use them every chance I get.

The next batch boards will have an option for a trim. You can still put one in there with version 1 boards. You just need to cut a trace so I'm just making it more elegant that's all.

Also there is no provision for mounting a trim pot on front panel. You will have to drill a hole yourself.

One of the reasons why the EZ1084EQ is much quieter than  original or other versions is that I overkilled the space between components and carefully routed ground plane and current traces to stay out of the way of sensitive parts. The unit is dead quiet as a result. designing in more switches and post would mean tighter spacing and a compromise in signal to noise ratio.

There are a lot of things I could have done but really the "core" or "heart" of the 1084 is the EQ section the way it is. It's thick Bass and creamy mids as well as practical LP and HP filters make this a unique and very useful piece of gear.

But yes the trim I agree is something that would be useful.

Cheers

Jim

Hi there

Really nice project
I wasn't able to find a schematic nor a pcb design for this project.
Is that project closed?

Cyrille

you should just send an e-mail to Bluzzi.
And project is not closed, hes still selling pcb,s.
Thanks.

Howdy Bluzzi - hoping you can check your emails for a requested troubleshoot. 

As soon as I get these units up and running i'll be happy to do a full review, although not that i'm good at being critical!  They'll certainly be put to the sword over the next six months in my hands as my schedule is booked solid until christmas.

Che_Guitarra said:
Howdy Bluzzi - hoping you can check your emails for a requested troubleshoot. 

As soon as I get these units up and running i'll be happy to do a full review, although not that i'm good at being critical!  They'll certainly be put to the sword over the next six months in my hands as my schedule is booked solid until christmas.

Got email and replied. I'll help you troubleshoot and find solution. No worries mate.

Cheers

Jim

I have a problem with the power section on one of my boards. R106 is smoking. Not sure why I.  Checked all the resistors and they are correct. Any thoughts? Should I replace the transistors? I thought it was the 2N3055 and replaced that before I found out the resistor was the problem.

Bonsaimaster said:
I have a problem with the power section on one of my boards. R106 is smoking. Not sure why I.  Checked all the resistors and they are correct. Any thoughts? Should I replace the transistors? I thought it was the 2N3055 and replaced that before I found out the resistor was the problem.

Check your power supply is outputting correct voltage and you are supplying the positive rail to correct connection on PCB. I doubt it is the PS but always check source first.

Otherwise....

You have a short somewhere! Check your power rail. R106 will smoke as it is sensing too much current which means you have a short.  I doubt it is your 2N3055. Check all polarities on the electrolytics. Check all values of your resitors especially around power entry points and 2N3055. Check all your solder joints. Check all your BC184C transistors are well soldered and oriented correctly. That's enough for a start.

Best is to contact me at my tech support email [email protected]

Cheers

Jim

Latest posts

Back