The new Mouser catalog arrived!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickjam

:eek:

I'll have to hang on to this one long after the fall catalog arrives so I have a pair to drive up onto and change the oil in my car.  ::)

Truth be told, I vastly prefer the "dead tree" format for browsing across product lines as opposed to online, but I'm sure our postal carrier must have thrown a shoulder heaving that thing into our mail box!

My wife came back from the post office with that thing under her arm.
I said sarcastically "Ooo, a new mouser catalog"  ::)

She said, "Yeah and to get it I had to take a slip to the counter and stand in line for it".

Ru-Ro. Better de-subscribe. - If I can.

;D those things are so massive. Just got mine too. Using the one from last year as a seat booster on our piano seat...

pucho812 said:
Ptownkid said:
For the most part...they are thoroughly useless once you get good at using the online search.

not true, perfect for recycling.

Yeah - Mouser's thin newsprint is probably a lot better ecologically than B&H's full-color-glossy booster seats.

If times get really rough in the toilet, at least there's a few thousand good wipes in there.

These massive catalogs are relics of the old age. Useless compared to online search, and possibly outdated before it even goes to print. Can't see stock amounts there either, so it's just pointless.

We have our yearly phone directories here in Finland still. Equally pointless waste of trees.

And what a waste of real estate!
I still have several m³ of catalogs, electronic magazines, databooks, and tech literature, from my years before the Internet...
Enough to fill a room! But still that's less data than what's available with any browser...

On the other hand, I can understand the appeal of a paper catalog as it's often easier to browse than the crappy slow online search engine...

I guess some effort must be done on both side to get rid of this waste. We need to learn to use online the most efficient way,
and vendors need to come up with better websites with smarter database and faster service.
For instance, I've a decent enough Internet connection to stream down a youtube video, but it still takes an average 10 seconds to get a new page from Mouser.com...

Axel

I wish they'd get rid of whoever's responsible for the paper catalog and get someone more savvy on board with their mobile web setup. How long has digikey had an iPhone app now? Mouser finally unveiled their WAP solution... with no project manager access. Pah.

I havent received a hard copy cat, but I was excited that they are now carrying a much bigger range of panasonic and nichicon caps - just found my panasonic SU bipolar caps for my API build!! new product!!

Mac

Latest posts

Back