Software Suggestions: Audition 1.5/Cool Edit Pro vs. ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lalalala

As a first audio software package, I have been fiddling around with the Adobe Audition 1.5 (it was originally suggested to me as Cool Edit Pro, but apparently has been bought out by Adobe) demo version (fully functional).

It seems very easy and intuitive and I have been learning alot from it. However, it also seems somewhat limited in terms of effects, although some of this may be due to my relatively novice status at this.

Any suggestions as to software for a PC-Based system that is as intutive as Audition but which may have broader/greater functions?

I realize this may be a somewhat uniformed question to the more experienced, and appreciate any input you can provide.

Best,

Dr. L.

Two words.
Pro Tools.

Even the free version has the ability to use R.T.A.S. plugins.

...folks, for your replies.

Always appreciate the thoughtfulness and generosity.

Very Best for the Holiday to You and Yours,

Dr. L.

You already know I use ProTools.

An mBox comes with the software and I still think it is a cheap reliable option.

This is a big subject and it all comes down to the individual.

We all like to hate MicroSoft but most people do use Word and Excel. How many of them paid for MS-Office ?

The bulk of PC software being used is stolen.
Don't take offence people as I made no accusations to anyone here.
I have good friends in retail and that's just the plain facts of it all.

Don't get me wrong ... I like to take a bite out of Digi as often as I can.
As a long time user there have been many times when I had much to be annoyed about.

However, it also seems somewhat limited in terms of effects, although some of this may be due to my relatively novice status at this.

Mmm, what you're missing ?
Maybe the way they're accessed is less handy ?

Note that DirectX is supported, so you can add various stuff that's not yet included.

Latest posts

Back