CLX-VU Build Thread (DBX 160VU ) UPDATE: REV 3

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know abe has gone to ground with a lot of people's money, he owed Dan at collective cases a lot of money and gave him the remaining pcbs to pay back some of the cash.
I'm looking into small claims court as should everyone else, he's obviously fell on dark days but with no info it doesn't leave us any other option.

Thanks for the info Spencerleehorton.  Bummer. 

Any chance you have a copy of the V3 Manual or BOM?

Wayback machine (web.archive.org) is your friend! ;)

http://web.archive.org/web/20161207023603/http://store.acsoundstudio.com:80/pcb/ac-sound-clxvu-compressor-pcb.html

click on link "The AC Sound Complete CLX-VU Build Manual". Done.

Hey look at that!

Thanks KrIVIUM2323

Can anyone here recommend a IEC connector for the Collective Cases stereo CLX-VU case? 

IEC – Schurter 6200.2100 (Mouser Part # 693-6200.2100)

morbank said:
Hey look at that!

Thanks KrIVIUM2323

Can anyone here recommend a IEC connector for the Collective Cases stereo CLX-VU case?

Does anybody have a copy of the rev. 2 build guide and BOM?  If you can send me a copy I'd be happy to mirror it.  I seem to recall it has some special grounding requirements.

No luck from Wayback machine!

Thanks

Thanks to shot I have almost all the rev.2 files, except the rev.2 build guide.  I have mirrored the files here:

http://juggernautmusic.com/2018/04/clx-vu-build-documents/

... meanwhile if anybody has the original rev.2 build guide please let me know. I could really use it, and I'll happily mirror it here, on the same page.

I grabbed a DBX 122 on ebay a few years ago for under 20 bucks.
Makes a very fine enclosure for this project!
Almost done.  PSU is running nicely. Wiring up the switches and pots comes next.
I'm just waiting on some molex to get here because I've had it with screw terminals.

Attachments

• IMG-9638.JPG
    IMG-9638.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
Hi folks, after a looong absence, I'm digging out some old projects. Can anyone let me know where I can get hold of the build documents for the Rev3 CLX-VU project please?

Edit - tried the waybackmachine link above and no dice.

Thanks!

Edit again - After turning the house upside down, I've found a print out of the document.

Does anyone have a diagram or can they draw an image of how to use a lorlin for the meter and is there a way to power it on and off with just one lorlin as well?
I did have my meters wired up to a 3 gang switched pot but stupidly didn’t look at how I had it wired!!
If it’s not possible to do the power from as well from one lorlin I can just wire up a dpdt. Switch.

Spencerleehorton said:
Does anyone have a diagram or can they draw an image of how to use a lorlin for the meter and is there a way to power it on and off with just one lorlin as well?
I did have my meters wired up to a 3 gang switched pot but stupidly didn’t look at how I had it wired!!
If it’s not possible to do the power from as well from one lorlin I can just wire up a dpdt. Switch.

Is this info not in the build manual here http://collectivecases.com/?product=clx-vu-pcbs

Nothing about using a lorlin in the manual? It uses push  button switches same as 1176.
I will try and work it out again but I find it very confusing for some reason?
When these switches are not engaged is the switch from the middle pins to the pins nearest the button?

There was a drawing made by someone that I saved on my hard drive.
Seems to me that it's correct, though I used pushbuttons so I never tested it.
You should try it.

Credits to the author of this drawing (not me)

Attachments

• rotary_switch_set.jpg
    rotary_switch_set.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 17
Ah ok, I will try that, I wanted to try and work it out but my head goes fuzzy every time !!!

To me that doesn’t look right?

If the lower contacts on the switches are off then it would connect as follows:

IN = 6-1, 3-2, 1-5
GR = 7-6, 2-1, 5-1
OUT = 7-6, 2-3, 4-5

Just need to draw that out on a switch.

If it’s the bottom contacts which are off on the switches the meter switch will be wired as per the picture I hope!!?

Could someone verify please?

Attachments

• 70E6E236-3C38-4C4C-A129-65C6992CCADC.jpeg
    70E6E236-3C38-4C4C-A129-65C6992CCADC.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 17
Back