I will travel to Los Angeles and Las Vegas

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12afael

for business I will be at ISC WEST(security fair) on april 5 to 7 at Las Vegas. due to flight ticket cost I will have some free days since april 1st so I´m planning travel to Los Angeles, Hollywood, San Francisco, etc.

it would be cool if someone from California could give me some tips about interesting places like audio stores, pawn shops, diy oriented stores, restaurants, etc.

I have a new album that i´m promoting (heavy/power metal) that would be cool if I can put some promo CD at some rock radios or music companies. I want to have a picture delivering a CD at Capitol Records just for fun ;D

also I need a recomendation for hotel at Los Angeles or what is the best area to find a good and not so expensive Hotel. at las Vegas I will be at the Hard Rock Hotel.

best regards
Rafael

well I am not sure how much you wish to spend but this hotel is in expensive. It's located in the heart of hollywood. Walking distance from studios like sunset sound, sunset sound factory, Capitol records and other hot spots. It's close to some good places to eat. There are pawn shops in hollywood but most of them are have been already picked in terms of the good stuff. It's near guitar center one of the mega gear and instrument shops in the USA.

http://www.budgethotelhollywood.com/

As for DIY shops, there are plenty of places to go hunting for parts and the like. There are a few others but I have never been to them.

(all kinds of parts)
http://www.apexelectronic.com/

http://www.allelectronics.com/

(connectors and wire mainly)
http://pacrad.com/

Hi Rafael,

How will you be traveling from city to city?  Will you rent a car?  I'm about 4 hours north of L.A. on the way up to San Francisco, would love to hook up for a coffee or lunch. 

Don't miss Apex Electronics, it's epic!

Cheers,
Ruairi

thanks Pucho, it is close to one that I was seen, days inn hollywood do you know it?.

Ruari, yes we will rent a car, we will make a trip to San Francisco. still I don´t know the complete itinerary, it would be cool if we can hook up for a coffee or beer. what about a California diy meeting?

wow, there is a lot of radios in california is there a favorite for modern Rock?

best regards
Rafael

12afael said:
thanks Pucho, it is close to one that I was seen, days inn hollywood do you know it?.

Ruari, yes we will rent a car, we will make a trip to San Francisco. still I don´t know the complete itinerary, it would be cool if we can hook up for a coffee or beer. what about a California diy meeting?

wow, there is a lot of radios in california is there a favorite for modern Rock?

best regards
Rafael

yes I know the one. In L.A. Modern rock is 106.7 Kroq. Coffee and beer sounds good.

Hi guys,

I won't have a car at that stage so I'm limited in how far I can travel but you should be passing my area on your way to San Francisco so if we can hook up here that would be great!  I'd love to come down to L.A. to hang and meet Pucho too but no wheels just yet :)

Cheers,
Ruairi

Ruairi, how far are you from san Francisco?

Thanks Pucho, I will let a CD there. I don´t know if i need a publisher or author declaration to be played at a radio station at USA.

best regards
Rafael

Hi Rafael,

I'm about 4 hours from both L.A. and San Francisco, right on the coast, in a town called Los Osos.  There's a nearby city called San Luis Obispo which would be a great place to stop for lunch on your way up to San Francisco.  When you're planning your route I'd suggest not taking the 5 from L.A., take the 101.

Cheers,
Ruairi

If you have time you might want to stop by my warehouse too...
I'm located in Torrance, California.
Call 1st since I'm still a one man operation.

Smaller than my former job at Apex Electronics but my brother and sister are running
it. My warehouse is 6000 sq ft and here's a little sample of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6DNTYm7kWA

Steve @ Apex Jr.

I´m arriving this wednesday to LA, still I don´t have a clear itinerary. I Will be at LA at least until saturday.

best regards
Rafael

Pucho,

Maybe we should do a Groupdiy field trip someday?  It looks like I'll be moving to L.A. in the next fortnight.  It might be a cool opportunity to get a Socal crew together and visit Steve and then get a beer?

I'm in.....  And YEP, I drink

I've had tour groups before, In my La Crescenta warehouse which was 1600 sq ft I had 3 guys come from
Asia got to the warehouse a little bit before 4PM and left after 11Pm....My wife could not understand how
they could stay so long... And now I have 6000 sq ft....

Steve

ruairioflaherty said:
Pucho,

Maybe we should do a Groupdiy field trip someday?  It looks like I'll be moving to L.A. in the next fortnight.  It might be a cool opportunity to get a Socal crew together and visit Steve and then get a beer?

agreed.

APEX JR. said:
I'm in.....  And YEP, I drink

I've had tour groups before, In my La Crescenta warehouse which was 1600 sq ft I had 3 guys come from
Asia got to the warehouse a little bit before 4PM and left after 11Pm....My wife could not understand how
they could stay so long... And now I have 6000 sq ft....

Steve

excellent

Latest posts

Back