Anyone racked/powered SSL X-Rack modules, without the X-rack?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37518

Just wondering, if any of you guys have done it, racking those modules without the SSL rack, meaning treating them like just any other channel strip that you rack by adding a psu and connections on the back, the total recall and stuff like that would probably be lost but who cares.... I was thinking that maybe it could get a good deal on a pair of channel compressor modules, and racking them would be great, is it as simple as adding a PSU and just checking out the pin out? i ask this because i know they have a somehow complex digital/logical section, so i dont know if the modules will work without it.

Thoughts?

It might be worth talking to a few dealers about a Mynx 2ch rack when buying the modules.  I've seen some very very cheap deals on those in the past few years, so cheap that you couldn't save by going the DIY route.  Can't remember specific prices but I was struck by how low it was.

Cheers,
Ruairi

OK, just checked my email and found an offer from Funky Junk in January of this year.  They'll sell a Mynx for 150 sterling if you buy two X-Logic dynamics modules (which they have at 325 a piece).  Ex Vat an all that.  Chassis, panel cutout,  PSU, assorted parts and a few hours of your time is gonna cost you more than 150 surely?

ruairioflaherty said:
OK, just checked my email and found an offer from Funky Junk in January of this year.  They'll sell a Mynx for 150 sterling if you buy two X-Logic dynamics modules (which they have at 325 a piece).  Ex Vat an all that.  Chassis, panel cutout,  PSU, assorted parts and a few hours of your time is gonna cost you more than 150 surely?

wow, that sounds like a good deal, i guess i sometimes just think of DIY before even looking any further into whats available

Latest posts

Back