Elastic Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abechap024

So finally got Elastic Audio to work on my PC...turns out there was a glitch in PT 7.3 by having the DAE buffer turned up too high it actually caused the EA engine to run out of processing power. (weird)

Anyway bye bye beat detective. I'm loving the EA.
I've finished the drums on a session (its about 7 songs in one PT session) last night I started it rendering in X-Form cause I like how that sounds.

Well my thinking was once Its rendered to x-form once I'll disable the EA and I'll have the hard copy files there so the warps won't get all messed up if I move something.

Well I wait alll night and half the day and its finally done. Now I got to commit the rendered x-form and it starts its whole 1 day long rendering charade all over again!!
Bahaha!

Live and learn...anyway thats all. I sit here and wait...

It's a nice system: 7.4 actually started integrating it even better than 7.3.

Would you not just record the elastic track to another audio track?That way you can disable the elastic audio track but go back to
it if you decided it needed tweaking.
Admittedly I haven't used the x-form so it might work a little differently.
It could save time depending on your track count and song/project length.

Rob

Yes I could record it back in. But I didnt want to deal with any internal delay (or wait is there internal delay in PT 7...?) Any rate this way seems less prone to (my) human error

Also found out this morning, that no matter what you do it renders it once and then again when it disables the EA...

I've never encountered any internal delay whilst recording tracks down to groups. It'd be easy to check for it though.
The most you might get would be plug in delay- but again it's unlikely you'd want to print your inserts onto the audio at the editing stage.
Just disable the actual track if you are recording down to another audio one, that should (presumably) prevent the elastic audio from self rendering (at least it does in version 9).

I honestly can't remember exactly what the EA was like in 7.3 so I'm probably a bit off, but I would recommend 7.4 if you could get your hands on it as they made it much more usable/accessible.

Rob

When I'm using EA on drums I also render it using x-form but I only process it once. I do all of my editing in Rhythmic mode and then swap to x-form (rendered only) for rendering. It does take a while to render but the x-form rendering is only done once.... I think.

Latest posts

Back