CNC Delivery for Grand Master Audio!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10827

At Last!!  ;D ;D

Exelbox.jpg

Exelcncinbox.jpg

Exelcnc.jpg

Exelside.jpg

zayance said:
Holly Schmolly!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

EDIT: i second your post my friend what a nice machine, big up Grand Master Audio ! this + a lathe + a folding machine + a drill press = purest DIY rack cases :) can't wait to see some photos or even a video of your machine while its running!

Wow wow wee! I want one.

all 80/20 Al construction, panic button, dedicated computer, wire track. 

Is that Mach3 on your screen? <thumbs up!> on that one.

Is the head made of wood? Any plans on upgrading to a spindle?

Hey chaps glad you like it, I ordered it Christmas time, only came yesterday!! so I am very excited, now its Christmas for me!

Yes Mach3, NO wood, all metal, anodised Alu is the darker Blue gantry that you see,

some more techy info for you machine heads!  :D  check out the twin drive ballscrews on the Y axis! pretty cool!

Hiwin linear guides, Ballscrews on all axis, Twin drive synchronised ballscrews/motors on the Y axis can take high loads without the gantry racking, Gecko G540 drive. 3Nm stepper motors, Igus cable chains...

I made a test panel today, gee! what clean smooth cuts, this machine is rigid!

Ohh lots of stuff!

I am planing my kitchen build for one!

But more than that,

if you want to use raw sheet material, its cheaper than buying small panels, plus there are many more finishes / colours you can get if you buy it in sheets, at least in the UK,

you can get every colour of anodised, plus, what i like is that sheet anodised does NOT have brushed grain, which is not always the right choice for some panels..

also for example, making up small 1mm tops plates, i can let the machine run, by and large, for as long as it takes to engrave and cut say 200 name plates...

what about making 10 x gssl panels in one go,

The other reason for choosing this machine, is they dont make them any smaller! I could of gone for another make, i forget the name, a German make, BZT? well they do make a smaller table, but the gantry is no way as rigid as the Exel...

so the Exel won..

Best
Pete

Wow!!!! Pete congrats, that looks amazing. I know how tight it must of been to get down the side of the house!!! :---)

ha ha you bet! i had to take the fence down to get her in!

Hope you're keeping well, must catch up soon.

Grand Master Audio said:
How does that get delivered without being banged up? It doesn't even have any side padding or anything to keep it stationary in the box?

Is this how it looked like inside the box in general when things like this get delivered in those box crates?

Congrats Pete. 

A little humble advice. If you end up working mostly on small components always use different parts of the table so that the leadscrews are used in their full length. Not because of a worry of wear and tear, but the dirt may start building up in time on the areas that are not used and cause losing steps. This is not something that is likely to happen in the near future but it is a long term strategy. I had two of those machines.

What kind of IPS can that setup handle? I've always wondered if DIYing something like this would be worth it, maybe even on a smaller scale.

DIYing some or all of a cnc build is very much worth it if you have the time and knowledge (or willingness to learn). CNC machines and controllers aren't exactly cheap.

Back