Alesis 3630 Power Supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikael__

So i was given an alesis 3630 and since i have been reading about modifying this machine on this forum for some time i thought it would be fun to try out.

However, it turns out the 9V AC power adaptor was missing and i don't have suitable spare. There has been some mentions in the mod threads about the power supply in 3630, that it could be updated. Could someone point me in the right direction for looking up more info about this ?

As i recall the 3630 takes the 9V AC and turns it into +/- 15v, would it be better with an external supply that goes from 220v to +/- 15v ?

If so, what are the benefits ? Headroom ?

I realize this compressor will never be a SSL, but would like to look into my options before buying a power adapter from alesis. 

Another option - the Audio Buddy by M-Audio comes with a 9vac 1000mw psu that's been working for me with the 3630. I haven't worked with it enough to say how this compares to the 2000 mw psu.
The audio buddy isn't a bad tool to have around as well and can be had pretty cheap.

Back