Poor Man's Pultec EQP1-A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do i really need the IO board, or can i just connect ii passive to a preamp? (noobie question)

ruffrecords said:
gevermil dropping out means I have two spare sets so Davo it is your lucky day because I have shipped you the 2 sets you wanted all along. It also means there is a set for me so I can build the circuit and check it out myself.

;D ;D  Thanks Ian!

guze said:
Do i really need the IO board, or can i just connect ii passive to a preamp? (noobie question)

This is a passive EQ which means that with all the controls set to flat, the EQ has a loss, in this case of just over 20dB. It therefore needs to be followed by some amplification to get the level back to normal working levels. This amplification is called the gain make up amplifier. You can use any amplifier you like as a gain make up amplifier so long as it has an input impedance of not less than about 470K and enough gain to make up the EQ loss.

Cheers

Ian

Boards have arrived and they look great. Thank you Ian for the undertaking, you've done us all proud  :)

Chris

ruffrecords said:
Do you think I should start a support thread in the lab?

Cheers

Ian

Sounds like a good idea Ian , especially given the amount of boards in circulation and the fact that this project has really captured peoples attention.

Just set up the thread and post some 'blank' posts for the first few replys so you can always go in at the start and add crucial info etc before anyone starts posting.

Be nice to think that it can be all contained together from the start  ;D

cheers

Chris

ruffrecords said:
Do you think I should start a support thread in the lab?

Cheers

Ian

Hello Ian,

yes,it would be wonderful to have all project-related information in just one place for such an amount of potential builders out there.

Thank you very much for all your efforts again,

best regards,

Udo.

So I have been thinking how to fit the PCBs to 1u lunchbox panel. Here's how it looks like. I think it will be possible if the lorins will be screwed to another pcb that will also host pots. Huh, maybe I'll manage to fit a tube gain stage as well :)

Attachments

• zdjęcie.JPG
    zdjęcie.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 172
yes, either that or I will just go for 2U, depending on complexity of the first solution. I don't have too much space in my rack thouh.

michal_k said:
yes, either that or I will just go for 2U, depending on complexity of the first solution. I don't have too much space in my rack thouh.

I have set up a poor Man's Pultec support thread in the lab with the intention of covering constructions issues so perhaps it might be an idea to move this discussion there?

Cheers

Ian

michal_k said:
So I have been thinking how to fit the PCBs to 1u lunchbox panel. Here's how it looks like. I think it will be possible if the lorins will be screwed to another pcb that will also host pots. Huh, maybe I'll manage to fit a tube gain stage as well :)

Thats the way to go!

Exactly like one of my own designs.

Latest posts

Back