Help on modding for direct outs? DDA CS3

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhmca

Okay,

So this is a DDA CS3 that is SUPPOSED to have PRE fader direct outs as a factory default. It has POST fader direct outs and the "links (15 & 16)" that are suppose to be there are not...

You can see in the schematic the links 15 and 16... and how it would work to change those over to PRE...

My question is what is the best way to make this PRE fader... like what node should I jump over to SP7 by the direct out jack?

At first I thought this would be easy... like taking the "PRE 1" Node from the HIGH PASS SW3 and jumping it over... but then I thought that it might some capacitor decoupling like the post is? C44

Attachments

• cs3-schematics.pdf
    304.8 KB · Views: 29
Well, thats what I originally thought... It just looked like the "post" feed is coming off c44 and subsequently was dc decoupled or something...?

C34 would be post EQ... I don't think I want that... I beginning to think that R24/SW3 is right... would it help to couple with a cap or something?

If the high pass switch doesn't pop, then this point in the circuit is ~ DC free, and it shouldn't be a problem! TL072s have really low DC offset: currently working on an SPL Qure which is all '71's and is DC coupled until the valve stage, so I wouldn't worry!

If you do, take your Multimeter and measure DC at that point, to ground...

Latest posts

Back