Trident TSM CB 9139 rack up questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EHOFFA007

Picked up a pair on craigslist for 4 bills!
need a recapping, but in pretty good shape.
Planning on mic/line input and 2x mono outs, should I try and use more of the I/O on the channels?
Would you add trannys on the outputs and if so which ones?
I got the schematics of the yahoo group and it looks pretty straight ahead.
My first channel rackup so any advice would be awesome.
thanks!

Attachments

• tsm.jpg
    tsm.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 120
Hi there -

I've got one of these I'm planning to rack-up too. Wondering if you ever found any info about your modules. Is there a schematic out there? Pinout?

This looks like a good candidate for an edgecard connector:

EDIT: wrong connector (see below)

Cheers!

Any movement on this guys? I just picked up a TSM EQ that I'm racking up. Wondering if that edge connector has been verified?

Actually that was NOT the correct connector - it was only half as long as needed (60 pins, but 30 on each side). This one is the proper length and spacing: 587-345-120-520-201

Since that earlier post, I had a couple of these come into the shop that were racked up (needed work on the external power supply). Luckily, the customer had some paper schematics! I've scanned them but they are too big to post here. PM me and I can send you a link. The racked-up modules also had output transformers (not sure what impedances are needed).

Glad to know someone else is working on these. I've had mine on the shelf forever.

Cheers!

PM'd :)

Good to know about that connector.

I'm sure the output transformer would just be a standard 1:1 600 Ohm. I don't believe the console had output transformers, so i'm sure they are just there for balancing, but I could be wrong. I'm thinking of picking up a channel of the mic pre as well. The eq was originally wired as an insert in this module, so it would be nice to keep it that way. Was hoping to find a pinout for the edge connector but I can just trace that if I need to.

Thanks!

EDIT: TSM did have transformer out! mounted in a cutout on the monitor path card. Can't find info on the ratio however. I'll wait til I can look over some decent schematics to comment

yep. the jensen 123 s are wired to give a step up. the two primary halves are parallel and the secondary halves are wired in series. im working on a project with tsm channels at present. my client has two entire consoles which we are gutting back to modifried eqs only with all new made transistor mic amps, channel amps, mix amps and full feature control room business. whole new 2.5 metre desk with 24 channels mic/line/di/eq, 3 stereo busses - four auxes .i hated the eq sound so ive turned it inside out and back the front . even changed out the sweeping bass eq stage for a shelf style . much better. smoother operation without any weird lumpiness. just finished the experimenting and wow. the channel sound awesome 3d and richer.  the top end is sweet and clear and the midranges totally rock .

Thanks for info on the output transformer! Do you you folks know if the current model JT-123-SLCF and JT-SLCP are the same thing as the JT-123-S ? If so, it looks like they can be purchased for around $60 new.

I think that JT 123-SLCF would work just fine. It has dual pri and sec so step up not a problem. I'll pick one up next paycheck.

Hi, and happy new year everybody!

Just picked up two CB9139 Modules and are desperately searching for the schematics, or at least a pinout. As the yahoo group page is unaccessible now, could anybody please upload the schematics to the Technical Documents section, or PM me for exchange per eMail ? Thanks!!

OK - found them. You can get them from the files section of this open yahoo group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tridentaudio/

If someone's interested, I can upload them to the Technical Documents section, just PM me or reply to this post.

Yes I know this thread is old but hey, I put off racking mine for too long...

So I picked up a channel of the input section off ebay to go with my EQ, and it is HEAVILY modified. HEAVILY. A lot of these are being sold there, wondered if anyone had any info on where this console came from or why it was modified? Not complaining, haven't powered it up just yet, just curious. I mean, they even got rid of the faders for the aux sends and replaced them with new metal work for mounting pots! There's also a pad switch where the line trim should be. It gets weirder from there.

Finally got them mounted in a case though, and I'm putting together the supply. Picked up an old can-style Jensen 123 with a chassis mount clamp too. It won't be long now.

Nice thread!  I am starting on a rack job for a client who has a pair of inputs and a pair of EQs.  We are going to do something like this pair from Funky Junk:
Trident_TSM_Rack.jpg

They have cut down the input module to just the mic/line input section.  Has anyone here done that?  If not I'll try to document the process and share the info.

I haven't. I'd like some info about it if you go ahead with it. I've only got one strip though, and it fit in a 2U rack without cutting it down, so I figured I might find a use for the auxes someday. If I ever get a second strip, I'd cut the pres down to stick them in the same case.

Did anyone end up cutting their module?
Just got 3 of these pres + 1tsm EQ, it would be nice to be able to fit them all into a single rack

Back