Cinemag's President, Tom Reichenbach passes away.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad  , they were personally very good to me
and us here for grp buys .
David is also a good guy , but
I hope Tom had a full & enjoyable life
He was a man of integrity

very sad indeed....

I only spoke to him a few times on the phone.  I was really impressed that the first time I called Cinemag, he was the one who picked up the phone, not a secretary or intern or whatever. Seemed very down to earth for a "president." Spent a half hour shooting the breeze on the phone. I learned a lot in those 30 minutes.

He was very passionate about what he did, and really knew his stuff... A loss for all of us.

Condolences to his family and friends.

That's really sad news. I dealt with Tom a handful of times on the phone and he always had plenty of time to answer questions and made a point of ensuring I got quality service. I always thought to myself after ordering that they were a proper 'old school' company, with a real human face. I've copied the last email I had with him below as a tribute to his generosity.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Please keep the transformers as a gift for the inconvenience that we have caused you.

Merry Christmas.

Tom

Justin G wrote:
Hi Tom,

It appears that you’ve sent me the above order twice: once 3 months ago, and again in the last month. The invoice says no. 5506. I can’t seem to find any records of ordering or paying for a second batch of CMOB-3L.

You weren’t offering a Walmart-style ‘buy one, get one free’ offer, were you? Please let me know what I should do.

Best regards,

Justin

That's bad news. He was exceptionally cool. I remember a 20 minute conversation we had about the relationship between mic in and out trafos, and I'm just a customer ordering 2 of whatever...

That is sad. I really love dealing with those guys, especially David. Even though I am just the little DIY guy who may buy less than 10 transformers in my whole life, they really give me a lot of consideration. My condolences to all of them.

Truly sorry to hear about this. Great company. Great folks, Excellent transformers.
My experiences with them reflect what has been said above.

I would think so , David's been along side a long time as well
hopefully all the secrets [ more likely just good business practice ]
has been passed on

In an email I just received, David says he will continue on with the business. They are great guys to do business with. I'll miss speaking with Tom on the phone as well. He always took the time to answer questions... thoroughly.

He will be missed for sure.

Tim

Back