Opinions of ATC SCM-100 or Tannoy little gold 15 ? or DIY ATC K100??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use ATC SCM 100A's. I love them. All the detail of a good Hi Fi speaker with the robustness and SPL of a studio monitor. The midrange driver is fantastic. I have heard the Tannoys sound good in some rooms but the ATC's sound pretty good no matter where you plop them.

Hi Chaps,

thanks for all the replys, very useful info.

I am thinking about some used ATCscm 100a's. They do look a bit tired and will need some love to being them back, if the drivers are OK then i might take a punt.

They are the active versions, do you think the amp's will be serviceable? I think ANdy you said they were Brystons?? do we have schemo of these amps?

thanks again men,

Best
Pete

Hi Pete,

you are a tad confused . . . I said that I thought that Hypex modules were used in some Bryston amps. These amps are proprietry ATC amps. I cannot comment as to how reliable they are, or if there are any problems servicing them. I guess very old ones may have a prob sourcing Mosfets. I would definitely put a call in to ATC. They are very freindly and helpful in my experience.

I think you might have got a bargain there . . . .

ANdyP

ahh got you now, OK, understood. Ill speak to ATC, good idea! And thanks for the call via phone the other day, im sure that wont be the last!

talk soon,

Pete

Back