API 200 series information and schematics wanted.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I am curious about the API 200 series stuff. I know it's mainly used on their current large format consoles as extra options. Does anyone have any of he specs for this stuff and or schematics of any of the modules?

There was a schemo knocking around for the compressor, I may have it.  There was nothing particularly revolutionary going on that I could see, a VCA comp with an API output stage.  I've seen the mic pre schemo too and that was very close to the standard 312/512 design.

Yes, the Compressor schematic is around (don't know if it is correct, since it was my first reverse engineering ...)
Mic Pre was posted by CJ.

However - we had 8 of those comps at work. nearly always 4 in service (and we had to send them out to the US for repair).
to my knowledge always the 2510 was blown ...
however, we replaced them with another brand now.

The studio I used to frequent had 212ls and 225s, I think I have schems but they're pretty much just the same as the 500 series, only crammed into a smaller space.

Old thread, but felt the info should stay in the same place...

Anyone have any mechanical info on the 200 series?

Is it just the same length from mounting to the back edge as the 500, but only as wide at the 15pin connector?

I have a friend who's wanting some 9ks built, and we've got about 6 empty spaces in the 200 rack that they would fit nicely in.

Hey all...since nobody knew, I just swiped a 225L from my friend's studio...

PCB is 2" x 5.75", faceplate is 1.25" wide x 2.625" tall. back of PCB is spaced .165 from left edge of faceplate.

Fingers are .1" pitch, .352" long.

I can post a detailed drawing of the fingers if needed, as they're not exactly centered on the card's width.

Hope this info helps somebody.

gemini86 said:

PCB is 2" x 5.75", faceplate is 1.25" wide x 2.625" tall. back of PCB is spaced .165 from left edge of faceplate.

I can post a detailed drawing of the fingers if needed, as they're not exactly centered on the card's width.

dude that is awesome.  Thanks

BUMP

i am trying to find schematics for modules

205 DI preamp
225 compressor limiter
235L gate expander
245L de-esser

anyone?

thanks

225L is here around, I don't know the difference with 225... I have a copy if you need it, but maybe it's in the docs.

JS

mjrippe said:
joaquins said:
225L is here around, I don't know the difference with 225... I have a copy if you need it, but maybe it's in the docs.

JS

See Reply #7 on this thread.

It was here, ja! buuuut...

beatnik said:
BUMP

i am trying to find schematics for modules

205 DI preamp
225 compressor limiter
235L gate expander
245L de-esser

anyone?

thanks

why is he asking for it after than that...?

JS

gemini86 said:

Hi, this is great. I know it is an old thread but I would be interested in the detailed drawing. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back