Barry Porter netEQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOMC Mastering

G'day - I am chasing design files/ PCB's and or a KIT for the Barry Porter NETEQ.  I have searched for a bit cant find the PCB files anywhere.  Please help
Cheers.

Dom

I couldn't find the files on the gmail account.
I got interested on this project since gustav is making boards...

can someone help?

that's all i have http://dl.dropbox.com/u/499952/Net_EQ.zip

maybe we should rename this thread and use it as the official support thread i know that some people bought
the boards from gustav recently and somebody in germany already ordered most of the parts so maybe
everybody can chime in in this thread?

Great idea!

Just wondering if someone already made a BOM?
I already got the schematics and things by mail, thanks for that you know who :)
Is it an idea to upload it to the technical documents area or are we still dealing with some copyright issues?

I have a preliminary BOM that I can share. It put it together quickly, so it should be verified against the schematic.

Please upload any updates here.

Remove the ".txt" to load.

Regards,
Mark

Attachments

• NetEQ-BOM-v0.5.xls.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 267
I have made the below PDF overlay with full component values so far to help with the current batch of PCBs while stuffing them with parts as they have no parts values on the overlay.
All unmarked caps at the each end of the opamps are 100nF mono type. Relays are all 12v type.

http://www.jlmaudio.com/NET EQ/NET EQ component value overlay.pdf

Since the gerbers are PHO types it will take a bit more playing around to make the new gerber overlay with the software I use.
But if anyone has them converted them to .G** type gerber files already let me know as it would save a lot of time.

I will add this to the "technicial documents" once i clean it up and add a bit more info to the PDF.

I'm chasing a bit of info on these..  and wondering if anyone is doing the PCB's for the stereo EQ that Barry designed..  (http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/2011/07/08/for-sale-barry-porter-eq-built-by-barry/).

I came across Gustav's offer of PCB's but it lists one board per channel, so I assume it's not stereo.  Thanks!

you can build a stereo eq with it, you just need stereo pots or better stereo switches...which is going to be expensive

nicholas

I'm going to do mine with stepped switches. Has anyone calculated the values or tried it already?
I will do it as a stereo EQ with left and right together so for some values i need a 4 deck 24 steps switch but that is no problem.

Harpo said:
My end of last years post must have got kicked off board when this blackmarket thread expired.
stepped frequency, q and amplitude calc
for the related adjustments, like boost-/cut-range, boost or cut toggle so no center tapped pot substitution needed, ...
Should be easy to expand from a 12 to a 24 or whatever afford-/available step-position switch.
Simulation works, but still unproven.
Brilliant! Thanks! Have to check it out a bit but the thing that i was most concerned about, center tapped pot is also covered. :)

Back