I come to you to assemble your kits, repair equipment,...

• Thread starter reanimatorstudio
  • Start date
GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reanimatorstudio said:
..to drive on to Russia but we don't know if this is even possible with a motorhome. Do you have any idea about this? 
Do you mean if the roads are driveable with motorhome or legal-points or what? 
I think you can do it, but i wouldnt go siberian offroad:)
russian%20road%2033.jpg

and if you come near tours , for the siemens console,
and la vallée de la loire,
i have a memorymoog on the bench, an eventide H3000
and a lot of others synth that need to be fix....
very nice idea !!

reanimatorstudio said:
@Kingston, @kooma: we would love to visit Finland. And we would like to drive on to Russia but we don't know if this is even possible with a motorhome. Do you have any idea about this?

You need a Russian travellers Visa, takes about a week to get that, costs about 50 euros per person. Expect trouble at the border even if you made absolutely sure everything is in order, incredible slowness of things when you can just breeze past the Finnish side of the border. There can be safety issues (roads mainly, and perhaps some people). It can be done but it is by no means a modern country and does not have many of the conveniences you are used to in the more developed Europe. Expect having to bribe the police etc. annoying things. Corruption is off the charts. Me and some of my family have in fact traveled to Russia in a motorhome, but I would call it a bit of an extreme sport. My uncle used to do this on weekly basis hoarding cheap booze for his friends a decade back as "a side income".

If you don't quite manage all the way to Russia, Estonia is a beautiful country, not the same but I would say quite similar in many ways and is part of EU, even has Euros from the beginning of this year.

And here is a nice stop in Rietberg, Germany, which is in the near of Güterlsloh. Ist a very nice little old village, and there is a lot to see for your familiy, while you are in my basement studio with me  ;D Beyond that, there is an nice pool in my garden, so your familiy is busy all day.
On my workbench there are allways projects, you can help, if you want, but we can also drink beer and talk over recording and DIY. I think, here are some more DIY fellows, which would like to join us.

Best
Wolfgang

You're welcome here in Burzet, Ardeche  France. We have a lovely motor home place here by the river in this village.
It's above the waterfall in the pic below..
20839380.jpg

And my Prophet 5 is acting weird...probably needs new CMOS chips...

You have to come by Malmo, Sweden!
I have tons of stuff that needs to be worked on and maybe you can bring me Cadac modules then as well.......since I assume that you have not got them in the post yet ;)

Dennis

What a great idea. Let me know when you pass Karlsruhe, Germany. There´s always a beer in the fridge for fellow DIYers.

@Roland: what a nice place you chose for living. I´ve been there for vacations some years ago. Wonderful.

jensenmann said:
@Roland: what a nice place you chose for living. I´ve been there for vacations some years ago. Wonderful.

Thanks, but what a coincidence....did you stay at that "silk factory converted to apartments" place near the river?

Well, if you ever decide to go again we should meet up  :)

I was there with a band, heading to a new camping site every day trying to get gigs. Unfortunately the drummer became sick and had to go to the hospital in Aubenas (IIRC). He finally got a part of his intestine removed. That was a not-so-nice ending of our vacation/tour. Anyway he survived and got back to health soon. But we had to leave him back over there. He spoke not even one word french.

tchgtr said:
...but all the great beers are in Belgium! Why go anywhere?
Of course I'm kidding. Have fun.

Ohh very true!, i recently bought a pair of Belgian beers one was called "Delirium Nocturnum" and the other was "Delirium Tremens", i thought that any beer called like that, with a pink elephant on the label must be a good beer!

user 37518 said:
Ohh very true!, i recently bought a pair of Belgian beers one was called "Delirium Nocturnum" and the other was "Delirium Tremens", i thought that any beer called like that, with a pink elephant on the label must be a good beer!

True! The best part however is waiting until the Christmas season and getting some Delirium Happy Noel:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/180/2347

Open a few up with your friends and it's all good times :)

radiance said:
You're welcome here in Burzet, Ardeche  France. We have a lovely motor home place here by the river in this village.
It's above the waterfall in the pic below..
20839380.jpg

And my Prophet 5 is acting weird...probably needs new CMOS chips...

God I love France, hoping to get to Paris for New Years.  You are a lucky man!

Ok, thanks for all the interest and kind words.
Thanks Kingston for the information on Russian travellers Visa and stuff.

So I understand that I should take some beers with me. ;) ;) ;)
I would love to meet you all. I'm not such a fan of visiting tourist stuff. I would enjoy your workbenches, studio's an broken gear much more esp. when you have a pool for my almost 3 years old daughter.  8) :)
We will keep you all informed if our plans are getting more solid.
I bought the motorhome yesterday: It's an Arca built on a Mercedes 316. It is 7 years old and way too expensive.
We are still deciding if we first hit the Scandinavian roads or travel to Great Britain/Ireland first. If somebody knows if there is a way to travel from Scotland to Norway by boat let us know.

Please, let us know if you have something I can fix, or if you just want to meet us and have a chat with kindred spirits. :)

By the way, my wife is a language teacher, she can teach you Spanish, English or Dutch (and even some French too).

There is a ferry that goes from Aberdeen to Lerwick (Faroe Islands), and then from there to Bergen, Norway.
http://www.directferries.no/ruter.htm
That would be a nice trip in the summer time.

There is a ferry that goes from Aberdeen to Lerwick (Faroe Islands), and then from there to Bergen, Norway.
http://www.directferries.no/ruter.htm
That would be a nice trip in the summer time.
It seems that this route is still on the map but in reality it doesn't exist anymore.
Thanks anyway. I would love to find a solution to travel from GB to Norway.

Arg...sorry about that. The last ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger went 28. August 2008.
So there is no feerys that go from England to Norway anymore. Its a pitty.
I belive you still can take a ferry to Denmark. But then you have to drive a bit.

Hi all,

So we're finally leaving! Tomorrow is the big day! First on the list is Denmark (mainland and Copenhague), then we're going to Sweden, Norway and Finland.
It's been a busy couple of weeks trying to get everything ready for our big trip!
So if you guys still feel like meeting or if you have stuff to fix, let me know!
I'm looking forward to this trip and meeting you!

Cheers,
Luc

Hi Luc,

Very sorry i didn't see this earlier - are you still around mainland Denmark (Århus)?

My tel. no is (+45) 5129 2769 if there's a chance you'd come by here..

Jakob E.

Hi guys,

It is ashamed we missed a visit with Jakob but, maybe next time! we are in copenhagen at the moment. Tomorrow we will try to visit Tube Tech and then we are off to Sweden to visit our member Dennis. Really looking forward to that!

Luc, Annelies & Mia

Latest posts

Back