GSSL Turbo weirdness

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madriaanse

Finished my GSSL and it's compressing etc. but I have one glitch that's got me scratching my head. The scenario: I have a signal running to both left and right inputs of the gssl, and it's compressing, say, 8dB. I mute the right channel and it's still compressing 8dB. This is good I suppose and shows the Turbo's working? The weird part; I mute the left channel and the compressor is now compressing only 6.7dB (1.3-1.4dB less). Anybody else run into this? Would love to hear from the GSSL experts before I start tearing into it.

M.

Scope the various output pins of the TL074, it sounds like a gain difference between the main path and the sidechain path... either on the op-amp stage following the VCA, or the two op-amp stages which are the second rectifier... perhaps a resistor is out of tolerance or something along those lines?

Alternately it might be a threshold difference between the two sides...? check to see if the threshold is the same in terms of level, and if it's just operating at a lower ratio above the same threshold, or if the ratio is the same, but the onset happens at a different level on the two sides.

Keith

Latest posts

Back