500 modules in DBX 900 rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyoh

Hi there.
First post here. I´ve searched for info on the possibility of putting 500 modules in a DBX 900 rack but not gotten any wiser. Being a DIY beginner it´s all a lot to take in concerning different builds and projects, but I´m usually a fast learner and from what I gather, it´s possible to do so. The only issue, as I see it at least (remember, I´m a newbie), is the difference in card length, and of course the pin-out. (ok, ok, there is a slight V difference too...) It should be possible to make an extension and wire it accordingly, am I right. Or am I totally off-track?
I´m sure someone has good intel on this.
Kindly, Andy

Hi,

I am intending to try this myself. i am going to make extenders. Check the pin-outs, they are NOT the same. I cannot see why this shouldnt work, but I have not checked the max current draw per module yet.

good luck,

ANdyP

Hi Andy :)
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the pinout difference but that shouldn´t be a problem - found pinout charts on DBX homepage.
Please keep me posted on how it´s working out for you - I believe you will be faster since I first have to order and build myself a 500 module  :)
Andyoh

Fitting a 903 in a 500 rack will probably be impossible, but the other way around should work... Or???
Andy

DBX 900 rack doesn't provide the phantom power so, without mods, the standard 500 series mike preamps for condensers can't be used.
Regards,
Milan 

Back