MOTU Traveler Mic I/P schematic/layout?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricardo

Does anyone have a schematic or service info for a MOTU Traveler microphone input stage?

I bought one in 2007 and almost immediately, 2, then 3 channels started to have loadsa noise.  I sent it back to MOTU from Oz and got it back after 3 mths.  Exactly 12mths after that, 1 channel went noisy the same way.

The Oz distributors told me there was a large batch with the same problem. Big backlog of main PCBs to be changed for exactly this fault.

But my experience suggests they haven't sorted the problem out.

MOTU themselves don't give out any info and  deny there is any problem.  It is possible the Traveler was designed outside MOTU and they have no one in house who understands the problem.

From what I can see, it's likely to be something simple like leaky P48V caps or protection diodes.  But I need at least a schematic and preferably a layout before I start digging.  SMD and multi-layer difficult for my old eyes.

It's a pity as, when its working, the Traveler is superb.  I would have been proud if my Jurassic Calrec efforts had the same performance.

Latest posts

Back