Multisim 11. Importing MOSFET

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlaury

Hi Group:
I've just started working with Multisim 11. After using Circuit Maker for 12 years, I just needed
more flexibility. I've been trying to import a Supertex MOSFET for days now. I've watched every youtube
video I can find on the subject and read the manual. I just can't make the model work.
The model is from Supertex's web site just as I down loaded it.

Does anybody see something I need to change to have the correct Multisim syntax??
Or can someone tell me what might be wrong.
Any help appreciated.

RonL

.MODEL DN2535  NMOS (LEVEL=3  RS=1.05            NSUB=5.0E14
+DELTA=0.1        KAPPA=0.20      TPG=1              CGDO=3.1716E-10
+RD=11              VTO=-1.50      VMAX=1.0E7        ETA=0.0223089
+NFS=6.6E10      TOX=725E-10    LD=1.698E-9        UO=862.425
+XJ=6.4666E-7  THETA=1.0E-5    CGSO=2.50E-9      L=4.0E-6
+W=59E-3)
.ENDS

Does MultiSim come with any MOSFETs?

Look at a MultiSim MOSFET model. Even copy it to text-editor, next to the Supertex model. Look what's different: line-breaks, semicolons, dots, even whether there is a linebreak after the last line or not. Mine needs a "$" at the end.

Maybe go so far as to copy the Supertex numbers into the MultiSim file (and save under new name!). If you don't have a number for a parameter, omit the whole parameter (the internal model will fake something rational). If you have extra parameters, try them with a correct-looking tag. If that fails, comment them out one by one. It would be good to know which ones are "essential", but I'm not so familiar with MOSFET models.

Starting a line with "+" is old-old-old FORTRAN convention (actually punch-card input, one card for what we now call line). My sim takes each parameter on separate line, apparently does not digest multiple parameters per card/line.

Thanks PRR:
I found the biggest part of the problem. There was unicode embedded
when I did the copy and paste. Had to use note pad. Also I had to assign the proper pin numbers
to the existing model in the MultiSim that I used as a template.
It's working now.

Thanks
RonL

Latest posts

Back