Neve BA284 - C7 and C8 cap values different on parts list vs schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geetar_king

Hi I have a quick question about the cap values for C7 and C8 on the BA284 board.

The parts list shows them to be 25 uF, 16V caps,  but on the schematic they are shown as 22uF.    Does it matter?  Or is one correct??  Anyone have an actual board they can check for 25 uF vs 22 uF for these two tants?

Please see the attached image highlighting the confusion.

Attachments

• Neve-BA284---parts-list-vs-schematic.jpg
    Neve-BA284---parts-list-vs-schematic.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 86
25ufs are getting hard to find (at least for me!)
I would go with 22uf, or if your worried maybe even a 27uf....but then again I don't have a neve module....so I'll be quiet...maybe someone with more neve experience can chime in...

Yes 22 uF much easier to find than 25 uF.  I just don't know if I should believe the schematic or parts list?  I think I'm going to go with 22 because they're easier to get in 16V.  C17 and C25 are 22u/16V so it looks more reasonable that C7 and C8 are 22u/16V like they are on the schematic.

Yea BOM and schematics get confusing sometimes....I kinda had the same problem with a piece of antique gear...turns out BOM was wrong schematic was right....almost like the real engineers did the schematics and then the apprentices (or secretaries!) did the BOM.

Or even bettter

"Hey the schematics finished! Pop that bottle of champagne while we finish the BOM!"

Glad you got it worked out.

Haha yeah.. A backwards 2 kinda looks like a 5  :p

This is probably a question for a different thread, but has anyone been successful in sourcing a concentric pot/switch combo like the EQ section of these neve pres had?  What does BAE use in their 1084?

Latest posts

Back