525 compressor on the less expensive?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

studying the 525 compressor schematic. wondering the best way to remove the attack and release switches in favor of potentiometers? Also thinking the same thing for the ceiling control?

have you read through Peter's 525 build thread?  There's discussion there of the challenges of changing the time constants on this design.  Not sure if they ever got a workable solution to variable attack.

Cheers,
Ruairi

It was solved.  The pot problem if I recall is that the resistances are huge, beyond easily found pots. 

emrr said:
It was solved.  The pot problem if I recall is that the resistances are huge, beyond easily found pots. 

Ah, good to know.  I have a pair of boards and some original API transformers waiting patiently.  As I move away from tracking they'll probably never get built but who knows...

Cheers,
Ruairi

ruairioflaherty said:
have you read through Peter's 525 build thread?  There's discussion there of the challenges of changing the time constants on this design.  Not sure if they ever got a workable solution to variable attack.

Cheers,
Ruairi

no. noy building any 525's... just posing questions for study purposes

Back