Neighbors from hell

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyMart

A social housing 20 yr old girl moved in upstairs with a small 3 yr old three months ago.

Has since had several "weekly" all night parties ( from midnight to 7am ) mostly mid week !!

Almost every time her stereo in on it's "flat out" and makes it impossible to even think straight in our flat.

Complaints have gone in to the local housing section/ landlord / Police.

A couple of days ago, the council officer came in and "witnessed" the noise, so it's not "hearsay" anymore.
He spoke with them directly and issued a warrant to "keep the noise down from stereo/TV" the next day.

We have had no direct confrontation and have only spoken to her politely and written to her twice about the
noise, mess outside ( constant burning cigarettes in garden, one of which came into our kitchen window, burning the wood surface inside !! )

The last two days, loads of blokes keep turning up at her place, lots of aggressive shouting and talk of "beating someone up"
it's VERY intimidating for us.
It has to be dealt with, but we are pretty freaked out right now.

Marty.

Dig a big hole in the garden, break in at midday (they'll be asleep), smother them all, drag them to garden and bury.
Job done.

peter purpose said:
Dig a big hole in the garden, break in at midday (they'll be asleep), smother them all, drag them to garden and bury.
Job done.

...better let some friends do that job. PM me, I´m in the right mood now, see here: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44426.0  ;D

I never had an experience like that but I can imagine that it sucks big time...
I would probably loose my cool, which is something you should not.
Don't let them drag you to their level.

Situations like these always make me think of that movie with Michael Keaton called Pacific Heights....

Thanks for the ideas !!
Not going to go there but we have "lost the plot" on a couple of occasions !

We have to continue down this road, no other option, I just hope that I don't get
beaten with a blunt object some evening on my way into the flat !!

Perhaps we are just a bit paranoid but I have not felt this intimidated for many years
and don't quite know how to react...... that's too many "20 something hoodies" for me
to tackle.
Will just use 999 if need be
M

20 year old with a 3 year old baby. So when the baby was born she was 17, when she fell pregnant she was 16. Hmmmm... I am surprised. Still quite old.  ;D

Problem with a situation like that is that these people have nothing to lose but you have everything. So better to stay away and get them evicted through the legal process.

V9977 said:
What kind of music is being played?
Ha, altogether now....

Government here encourages this. Express concern and you could end up on a major network or Oprah in an editing marvel, playing a rich, mean ole grinch alongside your innocent neighbor that struggles to pay for heat. Sometimes they slip up though and you get a glimpse of the tvs, cell phones and $200 athletic shoes. High-powered stereo equipment is standard issue.

gltech said:
V9977 said:
What kind of music is being played?
Ha, altogether now....

Government here encourages this. Express concern and you could end up on a major network or Oprah in an editing marvel, playing a rich, mean ole grinch alongside your innocent neighbor that struggles to pay for heat. Sometimes they slip up though and you get a glimpse of the tvs, cell phones and $200 athletic shoes. High-powered stereo equipment is standard issue.

Sorry don't understand any of that.

I'm just interested in what kind of music is being played.

MartyMart said:
Perhaps we are just a bit paranoid but I have not felt this intimidated for many years
and don't quite know how to react...... that's too many "20 something hoodies" for me
to tackle.

Keep calling the police and don't be the victim...people can 'smell' that.
Be smarter than her and don't take any s***.

Carry a personal defense weapon if you have to..

Keep doing what you are doing with the official channels. Most people are all talk when it comes to beating someone up in situations like these. Avoiding direct contact is a good idea as most violence is in "the heat of the moment". Might be something to report next time you have to complain to the authorities that there has been some talk of retaliation. If there are a few of those young scholars visiting her, and you are feeling uncomfortable, try and get a couple of your friends to drop by. Safety in numbers.

If you need help, I am sure the London chapter of the prodigy pro mafia would love to put some fear into those blokes. Armed with brass mic bodies still in the works, front panels, rack handle brass knuckles, and lytic loaded slingshots.

Good luck man! I am sure that this will all blow over soon, and she will either get the message, or be evicted. 3 yr old kid involved to. Geez! That's one responsible mom.

Insomniaclown said:
Armed with brass mic bodies still in the works, front panels, rack handle brass knuckles, and lytic loaded slingshots.

;D

When younger I used to feel pretty save having a skatboard at hand...man, that's a serious weapon....

radiance said:
Insomniaclown said:
Armed with brass mic bodies still in the works, front panels, rack handle brass knuckles, and lytic loaded slingshots.

;D

When younger I used to feel pretty save having a skatboard at hand...man, that's a serious weapon....

Serious weapon, and get away vehicle!

do the same, there must be some quite times where she is sleeping.
try the worst sounds your synths can do loud ;D

repeat it.

I can tell you the worst thing is a repetition.
Last year we have had an (amplified) Cello-Player sitting under the S-Bahn bridge at Ostkreuz (for months).
Playing a part of Boccherini better than me  ::)
But distorted and repeated the same part every 10 minutes all night made not only my daughter but even me very mad.

next step would be me visiting you for some vocal lessons.
once I start to sing she will run away ;D ;D ;D

good luck my friend!

if nothing else works move to Berlin, but not to Ostkreuz ;)

Yea, sorry for your trouble. Most likely they aren't even talking about you...or just trying to make her feel better. But that would be an intimidating situation. Hopefully for the baby's sake she learns that parties aren't the best environments for the playing of loud music! You have too many people trying to talk over it! Good Luck!

Insomniaclown said:
3 yr old kid involved to. Geez! That's one responsible mom.

That's just it. Partying all night, sending thugs after people, pregnant at 17.....she's on a roll.

And yes..poor little one. 3 years old has to be brought up around this.

I can hear her now:

Police - "Why did you send those guys after that person?"
Girl - "He was gonna get me evicted..."

Face palm.

Bummer...  Good luck...

That is why they invented handguns..  "God made men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

Do you still have "castle law" (A man's home is his castle)? I'm pretty sure we copied it from your common law. Here if somebody messes with me in my home, he is likely to come out on the short end. I just have to make sure he doesn't make it back off my property alive. Then he'll probably sue me. Here it varies from state to state, but Mississippi clarified these rights just several year ago.

Living with common walls shared by neighbors is always subject to testing the limits of responsible behavior. I've been on both sides of that transaction. I recall once back in the '60s when I was living in an apartment building on the third floor. We invited everybody from the building to our parties and the girls who lived on the first floor enjoyed themselves until pretty late, and then called the police on us after they left.  :eek:

JR

JohnRoberts said:
We invited everybody from the building to our parties and the girls who lived on the first floor enjoyed themselves until pretty late, and then called the police on us after they left.  :eek:

JR

What?! That is so stupid! Also, kinda funny. I hate people sometimes.

I had a fresh out of high school sister/brother combo living above me for awhile. Parties mid week until 3 or 4 AM. Broken glass could be found all around the house, and in the condo complex behind us. Lots of underage drinking. Their parents had rented it, and were allowing them to stay there unsupervised. According to one of my employees, who was a friend of the sister, their place was disgusting. Sing a longs to an out of tune acoustic guitar. That bugged me. Tune your guitar! Anyway, one night my lady and I went to a midnight movie because we knew they were having a big party. Came home to find one of my living room windows broken. That was that. I pounded on the door for 5 minutes yelling at the top of my lungs for them to come down and explain. Nothing. They were hiding up there. Wussies. The landlord came down on them like a ton of bricks.

The one thing I resent them for is turning me into an old man. "Keep it down", "It's getting late", "I have to get up early tomorrow".

radiance said:

there is a TV show here in the U.S. about a motorcycle club. In one episode, The clubs president's wife is mad at this other girl and hits her in the middle of her face with a skateboard. Made me think of that.

Anyway When it comes to neighbors you can ask nicely at first. If it continues  then proper channels are in order. In the U.S. we have noise laws and disturbing the peace laws.  I would continue to call the local police about it as well as report it every time it happens. It may take time but she will eventually either calm down or get removed.

Any sort of action outside of that is looking for trouble and avoiding trouble is a good thing. However does't mean you can't monkey with them a little. For example get a key black from a lock smith.  They will fit any lock. Dip them in super glue and out it in there lock. Then cut the end off so it cannot be removed. will cost plenty of cash to get the lock replaced.

Long ago I had an upstairs neighbor that was fond of playing their music REALLY loud, REALLY late at night.
My solution was to just remove their electric meter at the back of the apartment complex, and put it back in upside down, breaking the connection.  No electricity, no sound.
Returned the meter right side up in the morning.
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back