La2a Dual 2HE Case Design and Front-Panel discussion

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..........that's way to expensive...........How much is the 2U case you're selling without FP???????

i am still waiting for an answer of the case guy. The last price i´ve calced was 82EUR for a case with predrilled IEC plug on the backplate.
But i´ve requested steel plates for top and bottom... so we will see how much it will cost soon.
Thanks
"who"

jensenmann said:
he got banned because he posted in the white market without paying

I just want to correct this statement.  It had little to do with the White Market.  He was banned for his repeated belligerent actions and complete disregard for the work of other members--he took and ran with it against their wishes.
After he was banned, he even attempted to offer me money to let him back in.

On the 2U case:  Interested in the 2U case but I thought you you were going to have the vented top?

hi thestudio,
i have some knobs left over. I bought them here:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=44474.20

...yes the case top-plate is perforated. The good thing is the back plate will be predrilled for one IEC and it´s quality amazed me.
But for some shielding reasons i requested steal plates. I don´t know if those are really necessary with the la-2a toroidal trafo. In my case i will put a small steel sheet under the trafo and use a shielding sheet.

I am still working on the panel... finished the design some days ago but am working on compatible vector-files the silkscreen man can go with.  :)

"who"

The dual la-2a panels did arrive today :)
4mm thick anodized grey aluminum, 2 color silkscreened and drilled.
80EUR each + shipping
Shipping - Insured with tracking id:
5,99€ Germany.
13€ Europe
19€ World

paypal to info (at) don-audio.com.

shipping time 3-4 days after recieving payment.
4 panels are available and 6 are pending.
thanks
who

i will post everything in my wm thread:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=38026.msg468507#msg468507

Hi Aaron,
front panel arrived today - looks great!!!! Thanks. Now I´ll just have to get the rest  :)

Andy

Ethan said:
jensenmann said:
he got banned because he posted in the white market without paying

I just want to correct this statement.  It had little to do with the White Market.  He was banned for his repeated belligerent actions and complete disregard for the work of other members--he took and ran with it against their wishes.
After he was banned, he even attempted to offer me money to let him back in.

I'm still listening to you Ethan.

Hello 12volts,
i remember he sold pcbs under his name that other members here drafted...
I am not a barrister to judge about it but in my opinion it is disrespectful to the draftors/members and Ethan took a look at it and came to the reasonable decission to stop those kind of business at this forum place. I think it is very ok as the forum Rule 4. says beeing respectful to each other: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6650.0

btw. this topic does not belong to my topic. thx

Better check this with the tubes in it, the T4B is not the height issue, it is the 12BH7 and the 6AQ5, a real challenge to fit in a 2 rack space box.

three panels are still left. if anyone is interested please
give me a pm

regards
"who"

Are there any faceplates left?  Does everything fit in a 2RU case?  Do the tubes fit?  Are there screw holes to mount to a case?

Latest posts

Back