MR KLANK NEEDS A SERVICE - BELGIUM

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKADEK

klank14.jpg

klank13.jpg

HI ALL . i need to hire a person to service an ekadek custom unit "MR KLANK"  
he lives in GENT  -  central belgium.

klank16.jpg

the klanka  was unfortunately damaged a bit (not too seriously) on its journey from new zealand a couple of years ago  (thanks heaps  fed ex)

it is a phillips ev4006 style varimu limiter amp with a separate side chain amplifier  AND a microphone amp AND a 3way equalizer. all tube. it essentially has worked ok but has had a few problems related to the damge (thanks again fed ex for being so careful).

1. broken meter and or glass of meter . not sure which one or both actually but i will be finding out next few days and can supply parts from new zealand..  most probably from stock.

2. the  hi cut cut filter signal inductor within the equalizer  has become detached from the inside front panel surface  ...  and has shorted some signal output wiring i think.  some short solid steel wires that run from the inductor pins to the selector switch have all gotten screwed up.

klank15.jpg

3. the power supply bore the worst of the drop. it was going ok but finally gave up. some broken case and bent chassis. michel sent that me and ive fixed it . it was a cracked broken rectifier issue  that im certain did only 'self harm' as it died. so im sending that back to him this week.

the first next power up should be under meter measured supervision - really - just to be safe side.

so i just need some honest one to receive the klank and spend a careful 1/2 day or so fixing those issues and give him a watchful turn on test and an audio workout soak . the unit has been going so i think it should be straight forward enough.  

my client can deliver and pick up within the shady area all the way north to to Amsterdam if need be .  i would be available by message/skype or telephone to remote assist from NZ.   and i will paypal for your service fee.  super easy.

who in that area is up for that then?

next day update: ive received a few messages. and i'll be following them up in the next few days. thanks.

Hi EKADEK,

I have a pair of phillips transformers model EL 3688/00, T27 6

Are these transformers same of your units???.....I would like to get the specificaion data for these transformers.

Thanks,
Opacheco.

Back